GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Jr. Apprentice

Default 2011 2500 HD grease fittings count

Hi, I have a 2011 HD, I was curious since it no where states how many grease fittings I have. I have the 6.0 liter, crew cab and 6 1/2 box. I counted 9 today, 3 at each wheel, pitman arm, steering box arm and upper control arm.

I checked the rear and didn't see anything.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Legend

on my 2000 silverado you have 4 for the ball joints. 4 for the tie rods, idle arm 1,pitman arm 1.

none in rear.

Newer cars have " non-serviceable parts" that dont need grease (more of that service life crap). It depends on year mostly, if you replace any parts always get one with fittings like moog or napa. If you are concerned there are grease needles that can get between the boots or through them or you could drill and tap the ball and socket parts but i wouldnt worry about it. The OEM tierods on these are scrawny and go early like 75k then go and get some hearty moogs. The inner tierod fitting is on the centerlink itself not on the tierod. Also bushings have come a long way and holdup alot better these days.
    Last edited by shibby2oo8; 01-19-2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Spelling
    01' 1500 LT Z71 ECSB 5.3L
    line-x'd front brush guard with KC Daylighters, 6000k HID lows and highs, rewired highbeams, Trans-go mild shift kit, custom stainless duals, 3500 dually OEM taillights, K&N CAI. Still have OEM fender flairs and leveling kit in boxes waiting for time.

Jr. Engineer

you should have 11 i belive. upper ball joints (2), lower ball joints (2), outer tie rod ends (2), inner tierod ends (2), pitman arm (1), idler arm (2, 1 similar to the pitman arm, 1 up near the top where it mounts to the frame) for a total of 11. that second one of the idler arm can be a real peta at times. i am also ASSUMING you have greasable inner tierods. if you dont have them, well then minus 2 fittings.
    "i dont think you got the picture. i got a beautiful picture. this baby happens to have an extra turn of speed, which is the only thing i care about. you dont understnad what happens do you? they make cars. they make 'em exactly the same way. one or two of 'em turn out to be something special. nobody knows why. i know why. i may be kiddin' myself, but i think i can make somethin' out of that sad little bucket of bolts." ~ Tennessee Steinmetz