GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by reggiecab2000 View Post
    link, please?
    http://fixmygauges.com/Clusters.html

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Ah I see. I had come across that site too, but the way it was set up made me question the authenticity and reliability of it. Anyone have experience?

I actually found it on the forum here. I will see if I can find the thread again.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/27433-Transmission-Temp-Gauge/page2?highlight=escalade+temp+gauge

- - - Updated - - -

I think that if I were to do it I would go with the SS cluster.
    Here is a pic of what @chevybulldog6 has in his truck
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/alb...chmentid=22218

- - - Updated - - -

you also now have updated from a 100 mph speedo to a 120 mph speedo, which works as well!
    I very rarely drive over 70mph so the 120mph would not really matter. Plus, I would have to change the speed limiter with my programmer. Not a big deal, but I feel like a truck the size of my Yukon xl never needs to go that fast. Matter of fact I should look at my programmer and see if I can lower the set speed.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend
    Blog Entries

For what it's worth I have a 2004 4l60e with the billet corvette servos, and the transgo HD2 valve body reprogramming kit (shift kit). I have HPtuners and I experimented with the transmission a little bit, all I can say is holy cow!!! Max line pressure, and altered shift points equal a damn good time lol!! I tuned it back down, because it would shift so hard that it felt like the driveshaft was going to rip right out....

On a side note I learned something today, I had no idea the Dexron VI was synthetic. That's what I just bought for my HHR SS, what's weird is when I had my transmission rebuilt by REDLINE performance they would not warranty it using synthetic??? I am using regular transmission fluid which I'm fine with, and I also have a 40k cooler with electric fan setup.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    For what it's worth I have a 2004 4l60e with the billet corvette servos, and the transgo HD2 valve body reprogramming kit (shift kit). I have HPtuners and I experimented with the transmission a little bit, all I can say is holy cow!!! Max line pressure, and altered shift points equal a damn good time lol!! I tuned it back down, because it would shift so hard that it felt like the driveshaft was going to rip right out....

On a side note I learned something today, I had no idea the Dexron VI was synthetic. That's what I just bought for my HHR SS, what's weird is when I had my transmission rebuilt by REDLINE performance they would not warranty it using synthetic??? I am using regular transmission fluid which I'm fine with, and I also have a 40k cooler with electric fan setup.
    For what it's worth asking, how do you like the shift kit? I'm not into neck snapping shifts, as I definitely do not want to harm anything in my transmission, but I also can have my truck retuned by blackbear. Basically right now is my only chance to tell my shop to put the shift kit in or not, or ill probably never do it since the tranny has to be pulled. Now as I said before solid, firm shifts are welcomed, but my only question is would the shift kit be too much for me or would you recommend it for everything from daily driving, to a stop light drag? Basically I drive to school and work, and 1-2 times a month drive 160 miles, and of course some Friday or Saturday nights ill let loose on my truck and be pinned on the throttle all night.
    I just want to make sure I make the right decision lol because it's one or the other.
    And pikey, yeah I see your point on the speedo, but the only thing is when you switch to an escalade or ss cluster they only come in 120 mph lol

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note pikey I emailed that cluster site. Ill update with how it goes.

Legend
    Blog Entries

The kit itself was only $150.00, BUT the labor they charged was more than what the kit cost lol!! We were going to do the shift kit ourselves, BUT there was a ton of modification as far as drilling the valve body, reaming holes for larger accumulator pistons and so on.

I absolutely love the shift kit, BUT one suggestion. If you do the shift kit don't do the servos, I think it actually makes the 1-2 shift softer for some reason. Transgo makes several moderate kits for daily driving, they have a "towing" application which offers all around firmer shifting and is much gentler on the transmission.

I am also running a 3000 stall converter in my transmission, the HD-2 is not really a good choice for a daily driver. Mine is used for street racing/strip, red lights, etc. I am currently sourcing a spare 4l60e just in case.....
    2004 Chevy Colorado

GOT MY TRUCK BACK TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!

out the door price was $1992.13

included the complete rebuild and I asked them to replace the rear main seal, as well as install the corvette servo
    with a 3-year, 75,000 mile warranty, and two-weeks from now I am scheduled to bring it in for a transmission inspection to have them final check everything from bolts to leaks, and to make sure everything is shifting correctly. seems proper.

i dont notice any difference in shifting from 1-2 (maybe even looser :O)
    but definitely the 2-3 firmed up and it is very nice, although on oregonperformancetransmission.com, it is advertised to firm up the 1-2 & 2-3 shifts.

still hoping my truck will last forever!!!!! she is still my first and only
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

Legend
    Blog Entries

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks the corvette servos make it shift softer, mine does the same thing unless I bump the line pressure up. That's not a bad price I don't think, transmission work is expensive anyways.
    2004 Chevy Colorado

its not the U-joints, i just pulled the driveshaft, and they are good...

its inside that hole where the slipyoke slides in...

heres a video

i tried to have a steady hand, but you really cant see anything with it anyway, with my ears i can hear the clunking in there, and if you have good eyes, you can see that shaft in there not rolling PERFECT, though i do not know if a brand new one should roll perfect or have SOME play or not. but with my hand on the tranny, i feel the clunking.....

:(

sounds expensive.......
    looks to me like you have a bad bearing

on a side note....
    my rear end clunking is gone too!
    across all the forums i spent searching about the notorious "slip-yoke" clunk, everyone says how it does not adversely affect any components and they all insist it harms nothing, but is just annoying.

I say NAY to every single one of you to that, because i have had the clunk MAYBE once a month since 2008, but over the last two months it randomly started doing it after EVERY stop, which I believe must be a direct culprit for the needle bearing going out.

My take on this is...
    If your truck is making a sound it shouldnt, how on earth can you say its just a noise, and it wont harm anything? If its making a "clunk" or noise that shouldnt be there, there IS a problem and you should tend to it.

I dont see how some people say they have driven over 100,000 miles with the GM slip-yoke clunk and nothing bad has happened
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR