Howdy all. I might be buying a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT Z71 4x4 crew cab. Here is the build specs on it.

LT 1 Option package
Summit White
Ebony cloth trim interior
5.3 V-8 flex fuel
6 speed auto tranny
Tailgate lock
Seat adjuster (Drivers side)
Glass deep tented
Air bags - side mounted, side impact
Remote start
Airbags - head curtain, side impact
Power door locks
Uplevel bench seat
Floor covering: Color keyed carpet with floor mats
Front and rear floor mats
Body side moldings
Defogger rear window, electric
Multi zone climate control
Power, heated electric mirrors
Locking rear differential
3.42 rear axle
Power adjustable pedals
Integrated trailer brake
Cruise control
High capacity air cleaner
Heavy duty cooling system
Transmission cooling system
18x8 aluminum wheels
Transfer case Electronic autotrac w/ rotary dial controls
Skid plates
Convenience package
All-star edition
SiriusXM Satellite radio
Rear parking assist
On star
Homelink garage door opener
Steering wheel radio controls
Bluetooth
Rearview camera
Tow package

Now since it has been a while since I have looked at new GM vehicles, what are the common problems to look for on these vehicles? Also, what are their strengths?

A few other questions. Is there a way to rig up the fog lights to where they will turn on whenever I want them too? Also, where is the rear locker at on this truck? On my current vehicle I have a rear diff lock button to push. Also, does the rear diff lock only work in 4 lo? If so, how do you mod it to where it will also work in 2 hi or 4 hi?

Back in December, I sold my 97' GMC Sierra K1500 4x4 extended cab. I was the 2nd owner of it and it was well maintained. I bought it in 2004 with 98k on it and sold it with 153k on it. It was a good truck but little things kept breaking on it. Mainly the inner door handle pieces and the oil cooler lines constantly leaked. Didn't matter how often they were replaced, they would only last 3-6 months and then leak again. With my family, they are all GM people so I grew up with the full size trucks and Camaro's but I am worried about longevity or re-occurring problems. So if you all could please help educate me, it would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Jay

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to ask, where the the Chevy trucks now made?