GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Tank range on the Fullsize

How far can you go before you run out of gas? the fullsize is suposto have a 30 gallon tank.... but i cant make it to 400.
    so i suspect my odometer is bad. it locked up on me not long ago as well.
    or the tank pick up/sending unit is toasted. it does tend to be rather erratic...and when it touches the color- done.

so to anyone with the fullsize blazer, tahoe, yukon, even the suburban, how far does your tank get you?

thanks!
    Gas was $1.83 when Obama took office.....

It varies among models. My 'burb has the 38 gallon tank (well, actually two tanks, but they're set up so that the driver never needs to know that). So without a trailer I get 13, maybe 14 mpg, and can burn around 35 gallons of fuel before I feel like I absolutely have to stop, so around 450 miles without a trailer.
    Minneapolis area - 1997 K2500 regular cab long bed + 8.5' Western Unimount plow + modified transmission + 2nd battery + modified camper charge circuit + 1971 Cayo camper -and- 2004 4x4 Suburban 2500 8.1 + Maxbrake controller + 2nd battery + modified trailer charge circuit + Reese receiver, pulls 30' Airstream trailer

my 05 yukon xl has a 31 gallon tank. I can get just over over 600 miles a tank if I drive all freeway. (around 20mpg) I get just under 500 a tank in the city driving. (around 16mpg)

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

good god, that's pretty good in an XL.... is it 2wd?

Quote Originally Posted by K15 Blazer Guy View Post
    good god, that's pretty good in an XL.... is it 2wd?
    No, 4wd. I get between 19-21 mpg on the highway

LOL
    is that the 400 cubic inch vortec V8 too!?

man... i need an engine swap. mines all iron lol

it is the 5.3L vortec V8 I believe that it is a 325