GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Not sure..It has showed up in trucks with 40k - 90k
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Legend

Ok Update time.. Came home from work today went in the house to check my mail (Got a check coming from someone on here.. ) 15 mins later I say hey lets go check the oil.. dip stick in and out and it says 0!!!! 2 times and nothing on the stick.. Went over to the dealership and started talking it's now been 1500 miles since they did the oil change..
    They made me wait 20 mins so they could check it.. And they said Thats it.. It goes in Mon to put the screen or new shield in by the Valves.. Then they top off the oil and we see what happens after a few miles.. If it happens again Rings and pistons.. Not happy.....!!
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

not good dude!

i think im for sure getting the AFM turned off when I get the custom tune done.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend
    Blog Entries

Is AFM the same as DOD?? Because they make a DOD delete kit for $400, and you get rid of it forever. It's not just tuning, It involves replacing the valley cover among other things?? Just curious.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Ok Update time.. Came home from work today went in the house to check my mail (Got a check coming from someone on here.. ) 15 mins later I say hey lets go check the oil.. dip stick in and out and it says 0!!!! 2 times and nothing on the stick.. Went over to the dealership and started talking it's now been 1500 miles since they did the oil change..
    They made me wait 20 mins so they could check it.. And they said Thats it.. It goes in Mon to put the screen or new shield in by the Valves.. Then they top off the oil and we see what happens after a few miles.. If it happens again Rings and pistons.. Not happy.....!!
    That sucks. How low was it? I know you said that it did not show up on the stick, but how many quarts did it take to show up? I would be concerned that now you not only have a truck burning oil but it now has been driven low on oil. I wonder how the plugs look now? I think that most the reports say that #7 fouls out first.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend

Well we will see Mon. I did tell them I want a truck for my loaner and he told me they have a New Tahoe for me.. I will tell them to look at the plugs..

Legend
    Blog Entries

Do you have this covered under warranty Enkei?? If not your in for a big surprise, a guy I work with just had his Denali in for the same thing. They replaced pistons and rings, at the tune of $3,000.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Legend

Yes it is.... If not the truck would have Gone through the window of the dealership..No Lie!! Then a Trip up to GM and INTO the OFFICE of the Pres of GM...

Legend

Well it's been at the dealership for 3 day.. I'm going today after work.. Let see what they did and how long it lasts. I told them to check out the plugs and I want them to replace the 02 Sensor that went bad AFTER this all started..

- - - Updated - - -

Ok stopped by today and it's not ready yet they want to do the Carbon Clean out of the motor first as per the TSB.. So we will see.. We got some Snow coming and I want my truck back here in my Driveway

Legend

Well.. Got the truck back today in my driveway..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0435 (2).jpg 
Views:	764 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	49174 Here is a list of what they did..

(1) New Rocker Arm cover # 12570427
    (2) Cleaner # 88861803 My guess is that it's the Carbon Cleaner They told me they Cleaned the whole motor.
    (3) New Oil 5w30 6 Qt's
    (4) Deflector # 12639759 I think they said it is in the Oil pan they did remove it..
    (5) Gasket # 12612350

So we will see what happens after a few days..

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast