GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Well the salesman, that I have known 30 yrs, said he has never had one of his customers come to him with this problem. The sales manager said it has not been an issue at his dealership and they take in and resell a lot of high mileage trucks. (Rural dealership) Soooooo I just don't know..

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by LEBARONCARS View Post
    same here my first chev in many years , my son has the same year 2009 with the 4.8 bulletproof , no fuel management on it . Just got my used 2009 20k miles on it , runs great now but , should have read this before I bought .Curious as dodge has the similar system NO PROBLEMS ??
    I don't know why GM has not gone and stolen the guy that did dodge's mds system, worked amazing in the dodge magnum I had.

good to hear some good news on this subject , each and every automaker has their problems with vehicles

Here goes:

2007 Chevrolet Suburban, AFM - 67,000 miles. I have been a loyal GM owner by entire life. The dealer has said GM will only cover 40% of a $3,500 new rings and pistons overhaul. My Suburban is 1 year out of warrenty. I burn 1 guart of oil in under 700 miles. The last oil consumption test had the mileage at 615 mile. I put oil in this Suburban so much that the oil never needs changed. I only change to oil filter because the oil is being burnt up before it needs replaced.
    Here is the rundown of all cars I have bought new. 1986 Chevy Cavalier Z24, 1998 Silverado, 1992 Chevy Lumnina, 1994 Chevy Astro, 1999 Suburban, 2002 Suburban, 2007 Suburban.
    From what I would gather from GM's lack of care, it's time to buy a Toyota.

Legend

for $3500 just put a new engine in . price is too high . your paying the full cost not 60%.

then how long will the rebuilt engine be covered ? sooner or later GM is gonna pay . if not helping owners with these engines but also lost sales on these type vehicles .

Toyota does have a good truck.

Sr. Apprentice

I went and looked at a Toyota just before I walked into the GM dealership, the Toyota was $12,000 more dollars than the GM I bought.I tried to trade my truck in 2 weeks ago and could not even get $25,000 for it from the same dealer I bought it from.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Well it's been a few weeks since they did my motor and no Blue smoke yet.. I'm at 94 K now...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I have a 2009 chev , you can turn off the afm with one click of a button , I am now in econo mode v8 yes no more dead cyls on the hwy . hope this helps

- - - Updated - - -

Just found out I have a 2009 and yes you can turn this stuff off with a click of a button I did now running on ve econo mode . one click on the dash does it runs great , better mileage I am getting go figure

- - - Updated - - -

do not need superchip gm dash setting will do it , just found out today and one click of a button and presto in full v8 econo mode it works , it is there runs great no more dead cyls on the hwy .

- - - Updated - - -

I tuned mine off with the buttons I had on the dash , I am now in v8 econo mode , no more dead cyls on the hwy and runs great ??? my bud told me the trick and it works afm gone forever hope this helps pass this on to gm owners that have the buttons on the dash to regulate and see all

so where is this button on the dash that turns the amf off and how do you set it in econo mode?

Sr. Apprentice

Is it that button by the guages that looks like the old button for the trip meter? I just noticed mine had this the other day. I've had this truck for a little over a year now. I was cleaning the dash and guages and noticed this button but knew it couldn't be for the trip meter since I have the buttons on the side for the DIC that do that. I meant to look it up but forgot all about it.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... Last Post byLast Post by