GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Can you post a pic of this button?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Yeah is that the thing that looks like the old trip reset button?
    A picture would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by LEBARONCARS View Post
    I have a 2009 chev , you can turn off the afm with one click of a button , I am now in econo mode v8 yes no more dead cyls on the hwy . hope this helps

- - - Updated - - -

Just found out I have a 2009 and yes you can turn this stuff off with a click of a button I did now running on ve econo mode . one click on the dash does it runs great , better mileage I am getting go figure

- - - Updated - - -

do not need superchip gm dash setting will do it , just found out today and one click of a button and presto in full v8 econo mode it works , it is there runs great no more dead cyls on the hwy .

- - - Updated - - -

I tuned mine off with the buttons I had on the dash , I am now in v8 econo mode , no more dead cyls on the hwy and runs great ??? my bud told me the trick and it works afm gone forever hope this helps pass this on to gm owners that have the buttons on the dash to regulate and see all
    Can you turn it off on a 2007 5.3L with the dash or trip button?
    I tried the trip button and nothing.
    What am I missing here?

Jr. Mechanic

What button?

Am so glad I got the 4.8 engine! It runs like a champ, and I thrash it! What I worry most about is separating a connecting rod. Sorry to hear about the cylinder management problem.

Sr. Apprentice

I couldn't find any menu option using any button in my truck. I think my only option for turning it off is a tuner or custom tune.

Jr. Mechanic

I'm pretty sure you'r right.

2010 Chevy Silverado now has 24000 miles on it. This is the 7th trip to the dealer. This will be the third time into the motor. It is new pistons and rings this time. It has had all lifters and valves replaced, valve covers replaced, oil splash diverter, spark plugs replaced 3 times on #1 and 7 cylinders. This is my first and last Chevy. Everyone in this post is correct GM owes us something. Can you say LEMON! The bad thing is the 2014 will have a 5.3 with the AFM, i hope they have figured it out.

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by kevrev42274 View Post
    2010 Chevy Silverado now has 24000 miles on it. This is the 7th trip to the dealer. This will be the third time into the motor. It is new pistons and rings this time. It has had all lifters and valves replaced, valve covers replaced, oil splash diverter, spark plugs replaced 3 times on #1 and 7 cylinders. This is my first and last Chevy. Everyone in this post is correct GM owes us something. Can you say LEMON! The bad thing is the 2014 will have a 5.3 with the AFM, i hope they have figured it out.
    Yeah it's called a class action law suit.

Quote Originally Posted by kevrev42274 View Post
    kevrev42274. I am sorry you are experiencing the issues that you are experiencing with your 2010 Silverado. I would like to research the concern you are having. If you could provide me with some information via private message I like to get this started. Could I please have you VIN and the name and zip code of the dealer you have had your Silverado serviced?

Jennifer T,
    GM Customer Care Service

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... Last Post byLast Post by