GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Apprentice

Default 92 K1500 no heat

I have a 92 K1500 with the 5.7. Recently replaced the blower motor after 3 weeks the control panel went out, replaced the control panel yesterday that did not work. It has power to the panel checked fuses, that all checks fine. Not sure what else it could be...

what makes you think it was the control panel? Blower stop working at low speeds? Resistor?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Jr. Apprentice

there is power to the panel however there is no power to anything else in the heating/ac system. Not sure if this would be caused by the resistor or a relay. I have checked the input power there is power to the panel but that is as far as the power goes. Dont really want to spend the money on the mechanic but considering nobody on here as any idea I guess that is what I am going to have to do.
    Last edited by jroc; 01-20-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Are you saying the blower doesn't work, or that none of the HVAC system is working? Since you recently replaced the blower motor, are you sure BOTH the power and ground wires have good connections?
    Remember that if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem!

From 88 to 90, use a different control panel from 1991 to 1994. 88 to 90 panel works with three speed blowers, 1991 to 94 works with 4 speed blowers. 88 -90, 91-94 panels look very similar except the yellow button. It has been move to make room for the longer speed button. The panels are not interchangeable, because the blowers either have a three or four speeds. Your 92 has a four speed blower. First make sure your panel and blower are jiving, then check your resister.

Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    there is power to the panel however there is no power to anything else in the heating/ac system. Not sure if this would be caused by the resistor or a relay. I have checked the input power there is power to the panel but that is as far as the power goes. Dont really want to spend the money on the mechanic but considering nobody on here as any idea I guess that is what I am going to have to do.
    I had a 90 K1500 that was like this at one time. Their are two plugs that hang off the back of the radio/AC cluster that go to a little computer looking box under the steering wheel. One pretty much just gives power to the lights when you turn the head lights on. The other I was assuming was the power line for it but I'm guessing the cluster came out of a 93 or so because the plug was different then the input slot I had for it. I tried running a toggle switch like an old truck only to find out that the gate for the blower opens electronically(from my guessing). It would blow, but never blew hot air, even though the hose was hot under the hood and everything. I just grabbed a blanket for long trips XD
    94 Chevrolet K1500 4x4. 5.7L 350, 5-speed (AKA Betty) Or Rust Bucket...depends on if I'm mad at her.