GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question Bose Input/Output Speaker Specifications

Does anyone know where I can locate the specifications for the Bose speakers that were factory installed on my 2006 K2500HD? I have had a poke through the manual and the GM Link website with no luck. I am hoping to replace my factory head unit and I want to make sure that the Bose speakers are capable of handling the new juice without risk of damage.
    Thanx!
    Juan

2006 Chevy K2500 Heavy Duty LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD S.B. (6.0 8cyl 4a) Greystone Metallic

usually Bose speakers run at low impedance ratings, usually 2 ohms or lower, which means that the typical head unit won't be able to handle it. However, the Bose systems usually have outboard amps on them in cars if I remember correctly. So, if you get the wiring harness for your vehicle(the bose harness if one exists), it should send the power-on signal to the amp and start the amp up. In this case, everything should be hunky-dory. Hope this helps...
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Smile Mucho Grassy A$$

Muchas Gracias CrawDaddy ~
    This'll give me some information to use when I talk to the fine folks a Crutchfield for upgrading some componets.
    Cheers!

You can normally still run power from the HU to the Bose speakers, it's just not "recommended." You'd be sending more power than the speakers were designed to receive. Best bet is to replace the speakers along with the HU. Just avoid the crappy generic OE replacement-type speakers, and you'll be set. Polk Audio, Infinitiy, JL Audio, etc. All great speakers.

But that's where you are going to get the largest gains and most noticable improvements in sound quality.

2009 GMC Sierra Denali AWD

Legend

I had bose speakers in my camaro and I when I just switched out the head unit it was fine. The problem lies when your going to replace the speakers with new ones and an amp you have to by pass all the old wiring because it is set to run of the bose external amps. It's not too bad but it can be a little costly to have it done right.

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

When i was planning on putting an aftermarket nav system in the 07 suburban with the bose system I was told i needed a special wiring harness or some sort of adapter to make it work with the bose systems.