GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Audio questions for Silverado owners

I have an 05 Silverado and I just bought a Pioneer AVIC-D3X head unit today and I want to get started on installing it, along with an amp, as soon as possible, but I'm not entirely sure how to go about taking apart the console and the door panels. Anyone know how?

Try these:
    http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Adobe/CV-71-99.pdf
    http://www.redsilverado.com/KB/article.aspx?id=10040

For me, I bolted my amp directly to the floor of the truck and ran all the wiring under the running boards and up into my engine compartment where it was connected to the main battery. The wires were grounded by attaching them to a bolt under my rear bench seats.
    Last edited by no0b123; 02-26-2008 at 09:57 PM.

2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 2WD EXT Cab
    4.3L V6 Vortec, K&N Drop-In, Flowmaster Super 44,
    3" Exhaust tip, 22" Boss #331 Rims, Clifford 50.5x Alarm,
    Escalade Gauges, DJM Leveling Kit, Billet grill, All JL Audio Speakers,
    300XD MTX amp, Two 10" Alpine SWE-1042 subs

-Check out my photo album!

Quote Originally Posted by no0b123 View Post
    Try these:
    http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Adobe/CV-71-99.pdf
    http://www.redsilverado.com/KB/article.aspx?id=10040

For me, I bolted my amp directly to the floor of the truck and ran all the wiring under the running boards and up into my engine compartment where it was connected to the main battery. The wires were grounded by attaching them to a bolt under my rear bench seats.
    Thanks a lot man. I did a sound system like that in my buddies Colorado so hopefully it shouldn't be to hard with mine this time around. I was able to get the console apart and I got the stock head unit out, but the doors are giving me a pretty hard time and it looks like mine are different than the one in the link above

Dont really know how to go about it but I have that same Pioneer and it kicks ass. Let me know how you like it
    07 SILVERADO Ls
    K&N Intake
    Hypertech Max Energy
    6" PRO COMP LIFT
    PRO COMP 17" RIMS 33" goodyear shoes
    Pioneer Avic D3 nav/DVD
    Chrome running boards
    Chrome door handles
    Dual tv/dvd in headrest
    Flowmaster
    HID's (8000k)
    Rear view camera

Quote Originally Posted by drumrob View Post
    Dont really know how to go about it but I have that same Pioneer and it kicks ass. Let me know how you like it
    I'm just gonna keep workin at it and hopefully it'll pop off relatively easy. Will do, I've heard a lot of good reviews on it. I can't wait till I get it installed. Do you have any other audio mods in your truck?

yeah I have I believe a 1,800 watt amp to push mu 12" subs that are under the back seat and the rest of my spkrs are stock. It sounds pretty good. I also added the rear view camera that helps soooooo much It was $80 well spent
    07 SILVERADO Ls
    K&N Intake
    Hypertech Max Energy
    6" PRO COMP LIFT
    Pioneer Avic D3 nav/DVD
    Chrome running boards
    Chrome door handles
    Dual tv/dvd in headrest
    Flowmaster
    HID's (8000k)
    Rear view camera

yeah I have I believe a 1,800 watt amp to push mu 12" subs that are under the back seat and the rest of my spkrs are stock. It sounds pretty good. I also added the rear view camera that helps soooooo much It was $80 well spent
    that's pretty sick man. you ever gonna change the speakers? was that the camera that comes as an option with that head unit?

Quote Originally Posted by cenos16 View Post
    that's pretty sick man. you ever gonna change the speakers? was that the camera that comes as an option with that head unit?
    I will probably will but not in the near future they actually sound pretty good believe or not. Ive always wanted to put some JBL's but maybe later on. The camera actually I bought it separately but I think any camera works they sale some at best buy for about 80 bucks and you can use it in the day time obviously and night time, its very clear
    07 SILVERADO Ls
    K&N Intake
    Hypertech Max Energy
    6" PRO COMP LIFT
    Pioneer Avic D3 nav/DVD
    Chrome running boards
    Chrome door handles
    Dual tv/dvd in headrest
    Flowmaster
    HID's (8000k)
    Rear view camera

I will probably will but not in the near future they actually sound pretty good believe or not. Ive always wanted to put some JBL's but maybe later on. The camera actually I bought it separately but I think any camera works they sale some at best buy for about 80 bucks and you can use it in the day time obviously and night time, its very clear
    I have no problem at all believing it. My truck only has one 12" sub and I think it sounds great for it being just that and everything else stock. But I see it as there's always room for improvement, so I plan on getting some CDT speakers once I have the funds for it. Sound's like a good deal. I'll be sure to look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by cenos16 View Post
    I have no problem at all believing it. My truck only has one 12" sub and I think it sounds great for it being just that and everything else stock. But I see it as there's always room for improvement, so I plan on getting some CDT speakers once I have the funds for it. Sound's like a good deal. I'll be sure to look into that.
    Cool when your done send some pics to see what it looks like. If you have any questions let me know
    07 SILVERADO Ls
    K&N Intake
    Hypertech Max Energy
    6" PRO COMP LIFT
    Pioneer Avic D3 nav/DVD
    Chrome running boards
    Chrome door handles
    Dual tv/dvd in headrest
    Flowmaster
    HID's (8000k)
    Rear view camera