GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Suburban Overload

Hi guys, figured I'd join up after visiting during a search for suburban info.

About 5 months ago I picked up a blue '97 Suburban 2wd with 224k on the body and a rebuilt motor+trans. It was a texas truck that made it's way up here with the guy I bought it from, it has yet to see snow! Not a spec of rust on it. It also has the conversion kit which added captains chairs in the middle row and a bigass wood console for the front along with some "mood lighting" on the headliner. Only had one issue with it so far and that's when the engine/trans went back in, they must have routed the trans shift cable wrong which put extra pressure on the shift linkage causing it to snap. She's been parked for the past 3 months awaiting a new steering column.

The other suburban I picked up is a '95 GMC 2500 4x4 with 245k, a 454, rebuilt trans, brush guard, american racing rims, and some nice grippy tires with about 70% left on them. It has a stutter but I'm hoping some new ignition bits will fix it.

I think the best part is that I've only got $1.5k into both of them combined! My chevy truck friends went nuts over the first one and went crazy over the second one. The big kicker is that I'm more into cars than trucks.
    Last edited by mechacode; 01-21-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Blog Entries

both look like they are in excellent shape...you should get away from
    cars and get into Burbs' !!!! Brian from Canada

Welcome to the site also !!!
    Silverado Crew.....4.8 L

---Pendaliner BoxLiner and Side Rails....Van and Truck World
    ---Reese Adjustable Step Down Trailer Hitch....Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome eyebrow Mirror Covers.... Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome Bowtie 3rd Brake Light Cover....Van and Truck World
    ---DeeZee TailGate Assist ....Van and Truck World ( now Action Car and Truck Accessories )

---Westin Series side steps....Apple Auto Glass
    ---TRIFOLD rear soft Tonneau....Apple Auto Glass

---Chevrolet Bowtie Mudflaps...GM Dealer
    ---GM Rear Wheel Well liners...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Black Tow Hooks w Hloks
    ---GM Chrome Tailgate Handle/matching key-lock....GM Dealer
    ---GM Driver Information Center Upgrade...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Tinted Bug Deflector...GM Dealer
    ---GM Chrome Door Handles....GM Dealer

---Better Built rear hitch step .... Lowe's !!!
    ---AVS Window VentVisors...Canadian Tire
    ---AVS tinted License plate covers....Wal-Mart

I might have to considering these things keep falling into my lap. The current plan is to fix the blue one in spring and have that as my daily and the maroon one will be the winter/tow vehicle for my shop.

welcome to the club!

Welcome to the G M T C !

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Welcome!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Some Very nice Rides.. Was the Blue one a Mark III ?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Some Very nice Rides.. Was the Blue one a Mark III ?
    The conversion kit stickers inside the door jam say "made in texas", can't remember what else they say but I'll snap a pic next time I'm at the shop. It has the running boards, wood interior enhancements on the dash and doors, captain chairs in the middle row, overhead console that relocates the rear heat/ac controls and has "mood lighting" (controlled by a switch in the floor console), and a massive center console up front made out of wood.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

There were a Ton of Co's that did all the same conversions... Nice...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast