GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

@Pikey, it goes with the turf of being detail-oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by E_HILLMAN View Post
    You still use AOL?
    Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    I thought AOL died back in the 90's.........
    Really and really.

JK, I use Hotmail for all my junk stuff. Hotmail's junk filter is pretty good IMO.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    @Pikey, it goes with the turf of being detail-oriented.
    Is that what they call it now detail oriented? I guess I'm to much old school I still call it anal retentive.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Is that what they call it now detail oriented? I guess I'm to much old school I still call it anal retentive.
    It is, indeed, what it's called when it has a positive connotation. The devil is in the details when it comes to what I do for a living ... as is true when working on vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    It is, indeed, what it's called when it has a positive connotation. The devil is in the details when it comes to what I do for a living ... as is true when working on vehicles.
    If I had a choice I would want someone "detail oriented" helping me work on my truck. Unfortunately, none of my friends or family fit that description when it comes to automotive. The guy I worked for used to drive me crazy with details. When we would rebuild foundry equipment he would have me remove every bolt, even on brackets that we were not replacing or doing anything to. Every bolt was then cleaned in a heated parts tank and then cleaned on a wire wheel. Before reinstall all bolts were then cleaned with brake clean and blown off with a air gun. All bolt holes were cleaned with brake clean, wire pipe brushes, compressed air, and threads chased with a tap. It would drive me crazy. Then, I realized how embarrassing it would be it I had to go into the field for a warranty repair and pull a bolt out with the threads covered in sand or worse, not be able to get the bolt out at all. I now apply the bolt and hole cleaning concept to almost anything I do to a vehicle. (interior dash bolts not not apply in most cases) My friends get mad when a brake job takes 45 minutes instead of the 20 a quick brake shop would take. When I explain that I am cleaning all the bolts, holes, and slides, they ask why. Then I show them that the slide pins are dry and the brake shop did not bother to lube or clean them the last two brake jobs they had done or explain that loctite's purpose is defeated if it is put on a bolt that is going into a dirty hole. So, if someone asks me if I am "detail oriented" or "anal retentive" I proudly respond with a "Yes".

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12