GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Side Pipe HELP

Default Side Pipe HELP

I have a question about my truck that has been eating at me ever since i got it in 2010. Is it possible for me to put side pipes on it, i want the side pipes that look like 18 wheeler stacks going along the bottom of the doors. I talked to someone at an exhaust shop and they said since its a single cab id have to cut out the converters to get the bend needed, i figured they could use a flex pipe for the bend. Any answers would be GREATLY appreciated.

Jr. Engineer

the reason they would probably have to cut is because of lack of space, not the lack of bend. personaly in my opinion your not realy going to like the side pipes once you have them on there as much as you think, and then your going to have an un godly mess under there once they figure out how to do it right.
    "i dont think you got the picture. i got a beautiful picture. this baby happens to have an extra turn of speed, which is the only thing i care about. you dont understnad what happens do you? they make cars. they make 'em exactly the same way. one or two of 'em turn out to be something special. nobody knows why. i know why. i may be kiddin' myself, but i think i can make somethin' out of that sad little bucket of bolts." ~ Tennessee Steinmetz

They'll fit, the exhaust shop you talked to just didnt have enough imagination.
    It wont be easy to get the bends needed and it'll possibly restrict the exhaust some, but it can and has been done.
    If you google side pipes I believe you'll find a picture of an NNBS truck or two with them. And they work.