GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by zigger215 View Post
    Some from the video that was posted, the summit rep said shorties give better low end torque and long tubes give better mid range and top end...did I miss something here?
    I could right a book on the difference... and tell you how you will gain the most benefit from the long tubes... but heres an article on the subject... the key to the benefit is that the long tube header create a vaccum so to speak that aids in evacating the exhaust gases from the exhaust ports. Http://www.corvetteforum.com/article...marketnews.php
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

I don't doubt you, and I know nothing about headers, I'm just going off the video that was posted on this thread. I've always heard you get the most benefits from long tubes.

Either way you go is going to make a difference... When I think of short headers I think of an application with limited space such as a street rod etc. Where long tubes won't fit. It's tough decision... To complicate it the short tube headers ARe usually significantly cheaper. To me the long tubes offer gains over a wider RPM range and therefore worth the extra $$$.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234