GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

At least I made it to camp. Currently in bunk on laptop (which kinda is against the rules) nice and relaxing minus annoying younger scouts.

- - - Updated - - -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-25_18-05-44_43.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	48500Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-25_18-04-26_818.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	48501Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-25_18-04-33_32.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	48502Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-25_18-04-37_225.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	48503Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-25_18-04-41_876.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	48504Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-25_18-04-52_221.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	48505Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-25_18-04-57_542.jpg 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	48506Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-25_18-05-04_373.jpg 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	48507Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-25_18-05-10_187.jpg 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	48508Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-25_18-05-18_151.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	48509Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-25_18-05-23_182.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	48510Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-25_18-05-39_895.jpg 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	48511

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    currently writing the company I bought the radiator from because it is leaking from the oil cooler. Boy are they in for a show.
    Yup pretty much. My local shell will be getting a very stern call from me.
    Sorry you had such a crappy evening. The only advice I have is to stay calm in your correspondence with both companies you are contacting. You can be stern and express your disappointment, but no swearing or yelling. If you stay calm and use logical reasoning you may be surprised with what the companies offer you. I have to say that at least your valve stem did not freeze after you put the hose to it. My dad workied in a garage for years before getting into GM. He warned me one time about filling your tires when it was cold out and snowing. Told me that the slush could freeze the valve core down in the stem. I thought to myself, "Yea, right"! One day I had a low tire in a snow storm, I stopped at a gas station to fill it up. I filled it and took the air chuck off of the stem, Air kept flowing out of the stem. It was frozen. The only thing I could think to do was spit on it! It stopped it for a second. Then it started flowing again. So, I could not think of anything to do and my tire was emptying. I am not proud to say, I put the stem in my mouth!! If stopped leaking after a second. I can just imagine what people were thinking. I was in a pretty bad area of Detroit. (only Caucasian guy there) with my mouth on valve stem. Next time I will just Pee on it. I hope my little story gave you a little laugh on your crappy day

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Sorry you had such a crappy evening. The only advice I have is to stay calm in your correspondence with both companies you are contacting. You can be stern and express your disappointment, but no swearing or yelling. If you stay calm and use logical reasoning you may be surprised with what the companies offer you. I have to say that at least your valve stem did not freeze after you put the hose to it. My dad workied in a garage for years before getting into GM. He warned me one time about filling your tires when it was cold out and snowing. Told me that the slush could freeze the valve core down in the stem. I thought to myself, "Yea, right"! One day I had a low tire in a snow storm, I stopped at a gas station to fill it up. I filled it and took the air chuck off of the stem, Air kept flowing out of the stem. It was frozen. The only thing I could think to do was spit on it! It stopped it for a second. Then it started flowing again. So, I could not think of anything to do and my tire was emptying. I am not proud to say, I put the stem in my mouth!! If stopped leaking after a second. I can just imagine what people were thinking. I was in a pretty bad area of Detroit. (only Caucasian guy there) with my mouth on valve stem. Next time I will just Pee on it. I hope my little story gave you a little laugh on your crappy day
    It deferentially lightened the mood. I will be very calm thats how I wrote my Email to the company I bought the radiator from. Not a single bad word, just strong words that explained that I was unhappy that what I though was a quality product didn't act as so.

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    It deferentially lightened the mood. I will be very calm thats how I wrote my Email to the company I bought the radiator from. Not a single bad word, just strong words that explained that I was unhappy that what I though was a quality product didn't act as so.
    I would push for not only a replacement but some money for the fluids that you will use replacing it. Most warranties state that they are not responsible for those things but, who knows what you may get from them. Tell them that you had to pay $150 to have it installed and don't think that you should be forced to pay the labor cost again.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Ha ha Pikey that gave me a good laugh!!!! The only way that could of been worse, Is if that was me being a woman would have looked really bad!!!

Conlan I hope you get it straightened out, I know your going after a new radiator but when my oil cooler started leaking I just removed the lines, bought the block off plates and you couldnt even tell a difference.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

What was really bad was that it was really cold out, with a metal valve stem. My bottom lip stuck to the threads. It came off easily along with some skin.

So they emailed me back saying they would like the defective item back before sending a replacement..... Do they not understand that it doesn't work like that. @TRPLXL2 I may do that, but I need the cooler for summer time driving. It is sad they think that I can just send them my radiator no problem...

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Thats the way alot of these Co's work..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Shepherd Autoparts, They are on amazon.