GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: LED light mount

Default LED light mount

I have been looking to do this for a long while. I was trying to find a premade mount but until today was unable to find one.
    http://norcaltruck.com/index.php/com...ct/parent,189/

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Looks Very cool... I saw the dbl light they had in the Fog light hole.. Wounder if that would work in my fog light area..?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I think it would look better since the Avalanche has the rectangular openings. I read a write up some one had done on how they mounted the lights and thought it was almost to easy. While I was searching for the bar mount I found a thread on another forum where a guy replaced his stock round driving lights with a set of D2's. It was bright but I am not sure I liked they way it looked. Even though it replaced the useless stock ones with lights that throw a ton of light out.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

I have a similar but smaller LED light. I haven't installed it yet, but I built a metal bracket to mount it behind my grille from some steel bar stock I found at the hardware store. It's roughly 1" by 1/8". The chrome part of my truck's bumper has 2 tabs that extend toward the radiator with holes drilled in them. I was able to bolt my bracket to those holes. If your truck has similar tabs in the bumper or other parts with pre-drilled holes available, you could probably make your own bracket fairly easily. I used my flatdeck truck as a vice, and bent the bar to the correct shape by hand. Then I cut it to the right size and painted it black.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    I have been looking to do this for a long while. I was trying to find a premade mount but until today was unable to find one.
    http://norcaltruck.com/index.php/com...ct/parent,189/
    It's about damn time. And, sadly, there's still no offering for NBS trucks.

Before you order you might call them to find out if the bolts/nuts of the light bar are exposed/visible (as they are in that picture). I mention this because, if so, you might want to think about security nuts. After all, a $600.00 light bar that can be stolen easily in under 30 seconds with a few turns of a wrench at the front of your truck ... is easy pickings ... and asking to disappear. You know how it can be in some parts of this area...

Looks good but remember, relays relays relays especially with lighting to save wires from overloading. Most car fires are dumba**es overloading swithes and connections for lights and sterios. Also a fuse if it doesnt come with the kit. The avg current load should be 75% of the fuse
    01' 1500 LT Z71 ECSB 5.3L
    line-x'd front brush guard with KC Daylighters, 6000k HID lows and highs, rewired highbeams, Trans-go mild shift kit, custom stainless duals, 3500 dually OEM taillights, K&N CAI. Still have OEM fender flairs and leveling kit in boxes waiting for time.

@SurrealOne are you talking about the bolts on the end of the light?
    I have a few ideas of how to "secure" it.