GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    I think the 01' style fuel rail has the fuel regulator built into the rail, It is not sold seperately. As far as the injectors, are they clogged or what?? I found a good how to on cleaning injectors on a BMW forum, I used CRC non chlorinated brake cleaner and soaked and then blew them out with compressed air. I was amazed at how much crap came out of them, I did a set of injectors with 84,000 miles and a set with over 140,000 and I'm still running both sets with no problems. I checked the injector flow before cleaning, and they were around 7.9lbs, after cleaning they were back at 10lbs.

If you buy new one's they might not come with new o-rings, if not then you should get the injector rebuild kit x8 ($15.00).
    How where you able to open the injector to clean it? or did you spray cleaner into both sides and then blow out each side?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend
    Blog Entries

I put the injectors in a bench vise, and lightly clamped them in place. Then I filled up the bottoms of the injectors with brake cleaner, If you watch them you can actually see where the junk starts breaking loose and air bubbles come to the top. When they stop bubbling, then I flipped them over and took the compressed air and blew them out. I blew them out over a napkin, and you could see like a sandy material coming out of them. I actually have another vehicle this summer I need to do this too.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Legend

I would run techron injector cleaner and 4 Oz of marvel mystery oil in the fuel 2X and then see if the performance/mpg improves.

many have this mileage with no injector issues.

after this fuel system cleaning and the fuel filter replaced then if necessary do the injector/clean/replacement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12