GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It's pretty easy other than getting some extra cable out its tight in there. I was also lucky enough to have a friend total his Tahoe and when we went to go get his stuff out of it I grabbed the piece that doesn't have a hole in it. That sounds bad. But he was ok so it's fine
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    I was also lucky enough to have a friend total his Tahoe and when we went to go get his stuff out of it I grabbed the piece that doesn't have a hole in it. That sounds bad. But he was ok so it's fine
    Every cloud has a silver lining ... you just happen to have spotted it in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Every cloud has a silver lining ... you just happen to have spotted it in that situation.
    Good way of putting it. The only reason I thought of grabbing it was because i had been wanting to take the one of my dads old Tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Glad you got it resolved. That doesn't look like an OEM antenna. Maybe CB or HAM, but definitely not OEM.

Regarding lifetime satelllite radio - I'm a lifetime customer and what tends to happen is people like me leave it on the old vehicle until they have sat radio capability in a new vehicle, at which point we pay a fee and transfer it. Someone had 4.5 months of it free when I sold my SRT8.

Also, since Pikey brought it up, the antenna delete mod simply re-uses the factory antenna. Basically an "L" bracket is custom made and used to allow you to mount the OEM antenna pointed toward the front of the truck instead of up ... thereby placing it under the hood. It's like a 5 dollar mod unless you also want to get rid of the hole where the antenna used to stick up (which on NBS trucks can be done using an Escalade part that has no hole, there), in which case it becomes a 30ish dollar mode.
    Yeah, I think it was definitely for CB or the like.

Let's just hope they do not transfer it, or even know that they can for that matter. ;)

Why get rid of the SRT8? Even though they are sort of my "rival" in the G8, they are still sexy looking rides.
    2007 Silverado 1500 LTZ 6.0L VortecMax - Magnaflow Catback

2008 Pontiac G8 GT - LS3 430 & many more goodies
    409 rwhp 402 rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by Steelo1 View Post
    Why get rid of the SRT8? Even though they are sort of my "rival" in the G8, they are still sexy looking rides.
    I moved from a non-points state to a points state. Put another way, the tickets I got in the state I was leaving never hit my insurance ... but if I got the same number of them for the same speeds in the state to which I was moving ... I'd lose my license. (I actually did the point calc to see.)

There's no point in having a fast car unless you DRIVE it fast. I did. Often. And if I still had it I would have continued to do so. I sold it to keep myself out of trouble ... and to keep my driving record clean.

I unscrewed & removed the antenna on my truck because I would get crossed signals when listening to satellite.
    You're driving is WAY more offensive than my swearing, assjack!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12