GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Some people also vinyl wrap them. I'm not a fan of that, myself since I don't like the idea of water, salt, sand, and/or other debris getting between the wrap and the bumper, but to each his/her own.

Quote Originally Posted by staymad View Post
    How do I black out the bumpers?
    If money isnt an issue get the bumper powdercoated. I just used plastidip becuase one day I will put my fab fours bumpers on. I didn't see the need to spend all the money on something that won't be staying. Plasti dip is really easy to use as well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by staymad View Post
    How do I black out the bumpers?
    If money isnt an issue get the bumper powdercoated. I just used plastidip becuase one day I will put my fab fours bumpers on. I didn't see the need to spend all the money on something that won't be staying. Plasti dip is really easy to use as well
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

I would agree a level kit is a good cheap mod that makes a big impact on the look and stance of the truck. However I am not a fan of all blacked out trucks so I say leave the bumpers alone. I would agree that a red pin strip would look nice, or any other accent color. I amnot a fan of truck boxes. I do understand that some use their trucks for work purposes but I like the lower profile ones in that case. I would also look into a tonneau cover to work with a truck box.
    These are my ideas but keep it "you".

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Oh and one thing i forgot: if/when you go to order the leveling kit, the site/rep is going to ask you if your lower control arms are aluminum or not.

The reason for this is because the aluminum lower control arms are thicker than the steel ones, so the replacement longer bolts they send with the kit will need to be longer than the ones they send with the kit for steel lower control arms.

Finding out which lower control arms you have is very simple, its pretty much the same way you check to see if a dog is male or female, just get down and look up

The steel LCA's are painted black and depending on condition you may see slight surface rust. This is a dead give away that you have the steel LCA's

The Aluminum LCA's are unpainted and shine like the inside of a beer can.

Hope this helps

-BFG-

I installed the ReadyLift 2.25 level kit by myself and it took me about a hour! You can get it here http://www.readylift.com/c-123-gmc-s...6-lug-225.aspx plus they have a installation video on that page. Great quality and it improved the appearence of my truck dramatically, plus made plenty room for 33/12.50/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country tires. As stated before, re-alignment required.....Oh, by the way Nice truck but I would rather see a Low Profile tool box. I would also add the GoRino nerf bars, http://www.autoanything.com/nerf-bar...heel-nerf-bars I purchased the Polished but the Black would look, Great on you truck. They are very sturdy and easy installation.
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, Custom tuned. 4:11's

Not sure i would do anything, I like how your truck looks right now!
    New Jersey Devils fan!

Jr. Apprentice

I love it right now too, but theres always something you can do to it my girlfriend gets mad because i spend too much money on my truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by forsakendemon View Post
    Not sure i would do anything, I like how your truck looks right now!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123