GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Apprentice

Default My head unit out of my 2009 chevy silverado

I put in an aftermarket stereo on my chevy and I have the head unit, and it works 100% just no need for it and i could use some extra money, if anyone is interested, i'l let you make a reasonable offer.

Just a heads up. It will have to be unlocked to work in any other truck. They are locked to the vin of the truck they came in. The dealer usually charges between $100 and $200 to do this. You might have to work that into your price.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Just a heads up. It will have to be unlocked to work in any other truck. They are locked to the vin of the truck they came in. The dealer usually charges between $100 and $200 to do this. You might have to work that into your price.
    Pikey, what model year did they start this on?

I am not sure maybe @99'HEARTBEAT can answer that. I know that I was looking for a factory nav unit for my 05 Yukon Xl and found that my model year is one of them that required being unlocked if I were to purchase a used one. Most guys never adjusted the price for it being locked and most buyers don't know that they are locked until they put them in.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by barefoot greg View Post
    Pikey, what model year did they start this on?
    Starting with 2003" Model Year Silverado's.....Theft-Deterrent Feature Starts Working Automatically,

This information is from the 2009 Silverado Owners Manual, Section 3....Page 140,
    Theft-Deterrent Feature is Designed to Discourage theft of your radio. The feature
    Works Automatically by learning a portion of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). If the radio is moved to a different vehicle, it will not operate and LOCKED will appear on the display. When the radio and vehicle are turned off, the blinking red light indicates that THEFTLOCK® is Armed.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 09-06-2013 at 09:55 AM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Thanks Mike! I knew that you would have the answer!

1995 Silverado 4x4

2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

ohh haha i always saw the red blinky light but never knew what it was for, thanks for the info.