GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Subwoofers.

Question Subwoofers.

Hey guys I have my 2 subs in my yukon and i want to get two more. And i was just wondering if there is anything else i need to do besides maybe get a cap and a higher amp. But i was just wondering if i need to do anything else.
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon

What do ya got and what are you adding? A cap won't do ya much good . But there are plenty of quality upgrades I can throw your way. Just gotta know the equipment you had in mind.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

As said above.. Give us the Brand and models of what you have now and what you want.. We can help you much better then..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Well i have some mtx subs in know if you look at my garage. and i was thinking maybe some more mtx or some alpine type r or type e

Legend

If you are going to add subs do all the same so you get a Balanced sound.. Never mix them. Do you have the model #'s? What amp are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    If you are going to add subs do all the same so you get a Balanced sound.. Never mix them. Do you have the model #'s? What amp are you running?
    I second that. I'm also a fan of all my woofers sharing the same enclosure if possible. Obviously the enclosure would be built to spec for 4 of the same woofers and required air space.

Unless you're going to get it professionally tuned, I would run a single amplifier as well, running an amp per pair gets tricky and you could lose that balance that Enkei is talking about.

I dont have the numbers but i have a 500 watt kenwood amp that i know would have to be replaced.

What exactly are your goals/expectations? (Expectations being the more important question)

Lol saying "more bass" won't satisfy the question either

How much more bass are you looking for?

Your bass will NOT double by adding two more subs.

Legend

We need model #'s please... You might be able to bring that amp to 1 1/2 ohm's and get a full 500 watts out to the right 4 subs.. Kenwood amps have been good for doing that.. But we need to know what you have..

@zigger215 well i guess i kinda want it to bumb a lil more that it does. But dont want it too loud.
    @Enkeiavalanche i should be able to get the numbers tomoro. And how are you able to do that with an amp?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by