GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Loctronics installed on this truck, problems with it ?

Hey All,
    This truck 2000 2wd 1500 5.3 has this security device that I can't find a lot of info about installed on it (apparently by dealers) called loctronics. It has a sticker on the drivers window by the lock knob " protected by Loctronics vehicle security system" The problem that has come up in the last few days only twice, is when I shut the truck off, open the door and hit the lock button. As soon as I hit the lock button the red security light starts to flash in the info center window and the doors all unlock. If you try and relock the doors, instant unlocking occurs. I can restart the truck, but once again when off and go to lock the doors, it unlocks them. Both times this has happened I have just went inside and came out 10-30 minutes later, start the truck, turn it off and have been able to lock the doors with a yellow flashing security light like normal ????? IDK
    I tried google and so far I haven't even found this device yet or know if this device is what is causing this problem. The truck has never failed to start ever.
    Anyone ever heard anything about this ?

Thanks ahead of time !

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

The Alarm if it has one is usually under the dask or drivers side kick panel. I would look there first, Then find a Good 12 Volt shop in the area that might be able to help you. I know on DEI systems (Viper) You can program the way it locks when you turn on and off the truck or disable it all together..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X