GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I just don't know Steve.. I think they want Chat back... What do you think?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I joined when the original chat was up and really miss that chat, even if it did not have all the features of the newer one that was installed and then removed because it actually made the site feel like a community instead of pulling it apart.

I also "like" the newer layout and understand that from a revenue standpoint, you need to have the adds, but there is a trade off.

I come to this site for information, and with the adds taking so much space, that is less space for the information I am looking for, and that in turn means I am using this site allot less than I use to which I assume you are trying to up the memberships, visitors , hits, etc.

If I want to see add's I will turn the tv on.... or use an add free site, even if it means I need a membership to stop the adds.

I would like to see the technical forums split up by era rather than by body type.

In other words most of my NBS posts apply equally to Yukon, Suburban, and Pickups. But they don't apply to NNBS trucks of any configuration.

So I have to choose whether to post them in the pickup or SUV forum and either way they get mixed up with obs and nnbs threads that aren't related.
    Minneapolis area - 1997 K2500 regular cab long bed + 8.5' Western Unimount plow + modified transmission + 2nd battery + modified camper charge circuit + 1971 Cayo camper -and- 2004 4x4 Suburban 2500 8.1 + Maxbrake controller + 2nd battery + modified trailer charge circuit + Reese receiver, pulls 30' Airstream trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Jamm3r View Post
    I would like to see the technical forums split up by era rather than by body type.

In other words most of my NBS posts apply equally to Yukon, Suburban, and Pickups. But they don't apply to NNBS trucks of any configuration.

So I have to choose whether to post them in the pickup or SUV forum and either way they get mixed up with obs and nnbs threads that aren't related.

This is good stuff, I'm having a lot of internal thoughts about stuff like this and I think there is something here that is pretty deep, but I'm not quite sure how to address it and make proper changes ...

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

As far as the ads go, I don't mind them at all. It is not like they are intrusive. They do not mess up the flow of threads. I have been on some forums where the ads show up as posts in the middle of a thread. That is terribly annoying.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I love the current layout and interface. I do like the idea about creating categories for each gen (OBS, NBS, NNBS, etc.) The change in the emails recently freaked me because I wasn't ready for it. The new email format doesn't put enough space between the new post and the basic text making it confusing.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Ok, the first changes will come in the next few weeks and it will address the front "home" page first more than anything else. Right now that section doesn't work very well and is very ugly to look at so cleaning that up with news & information will help a lot with the way that information flows on the site. I don't have many changes planned for the "forum" right now actually.

Where are the things that people indicated in this thread prioritized? Any time frame for those things?

Yeah, I have an entire list of things that I have planned and believe me I'm taking everyone's input ... long-term members get more say-so than a new-member for sure. I have plans to sketch out the changes and will start to roll them out in a mixture of what's the easiest to what's the most needed.

I think a change of color scheme would be nice, and maybe a new updated chat system. They have the ones where you can click an icon to chat, and it brings up a different window to chat in. And can have seperate chat rooms for the admins, for different topics, etc etc. Just my two cents!
    2009 Silverado 1500 LT
    -6" Rough Country lift, 20" incubus recoils, 35 x 12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers, RBP Side steps, Frontier fron replacement bumper(kindoff pre runner style), pioneer 7" double din, pioneer door speakers, 4.10 gears, K&N CAI