GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

That sounds like a plan, Steve.

I agree with everything Surreal said in his post but would like to add that it would be nice to be able to customize my profile again. I had it looking great after working on it awhile and then bam, it was changed back to default and all my time spent was wasted. Also, I am a contributor because I like the site, the people and the info but I think we should not have to see Dodge ads or Toyota ads or any for that matter if you are a platinum contributor.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

So far I don't really have too many change suggestions. I do agree with @donyms about the adds. Kinda odd to see advertisements for non GM branded vehicles. Don't mind the parts adds, but I could do without seeing an add for Ford and Dodge. Apparently I'm somewhat unique in my interest in a blog replacement. Steve had informed me why we had to remove the blog feature, but I'd still like to be able to report on add ons and longevity of my vehicle. Only thing left for my few blogging brethren is to open up a forum thread. Although where to place such a thread is lost on me.

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab Z71 4X4 5.3L Flex Fuel
    MagnaFlow single in duel out system
    Volant CAI & Ram Air Scoop with Power Core Filter
    Rhino Tuff Grip Spray in Bed liner
    Undercover Classic Tonneau
    Trail FX Bug "deflector"
    AVS Window Deflectors
    Black Powder Coated Nerf Bars
    RECON L.E.D. Interior, 3rd Cab light, Projector headlights, and Taillights
    ATX Crawl Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain tires
    CalTrend Neoprene seat covers
    2" leveling kit from Max Trac
    Diablo Trinity with Diablew Tune

Quote Originally Posted by Drake_korthos View Post
    Steve had informed me why we had to remove the blog feature, but I'd still like to be able to report on add ons and longevity of my vehicle. Only thing left for my few blogging brethren is to open up a forum thread. Although where to place such a thread is lost on me.
    Why not place your updates in your garage ... complete with photos and such? I've seen a few people do this to good effect, already...

Or do what me and others do, start a thread for each major mod or project you do so you can showcase it and people can comment on it. Did that with my light bar project.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Some projects do warrant that. Smaller ones, tend not to. I get the sense he wants it all in one easy-to-find-and-consume place, though. Right now, that'd be one's garage...

On a different topic, a layout change making thread dates more prominent might be worthwhile. We still have folks resurrecting threads that have been dead for 3-5 years ... responding to/quoting posters that haven't logged in for more than a year as if they are still active and in need of an answer. I run across a few of these a week, on average. I know the mods come across them, too. It's a time sink ... for the poster who responds/replies to someone who isn't active/around anymore AND for people who read those threads. Some better date display/handling to prevent this sort of thing might save people time. (This, of course, assumes the administration of GMTC values other people's time. I'm hoping that's a fair and valid assumption. )

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123