GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Help finding trim level!

So I'm trying to write up an add for my 2006 silverado 1500, and I'm not sure of its trim level!

I searched the RPO codes, and that told me what features it has, but not the trim level.

Is there any way for me to determine the trim level of my truck??

Any help would be great!

Thanks for reading,

SP

should be some badging someplace, or look at your title.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    should be some badging someplace, or look at your title.

Alex

Thanks for the reply Alex!

My title just says chevy silverado 1500 ext cab, and I can't seem to see any badges?

Its got the 5.3 so I'm thinking its either an lt1 or 2. I'd just like to know for sure.

just put your vin in here. It will tell you every rpo code, the trim should be listed. http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Here my vin: 1gcek19b36z284948

- - - Updated - - -

So I searched my vin and it gave me all the same info I found earlier with the rpo's. I didnt see a trim level there anywhere. Am I missing something?

No you are not. I searched it also and did not find it. I do not know where else to look. Maybe some else will have an idea

what options do you have? leather seats, premium audio etc??? we should be able to hazard a good guess if nothing else.

Alex

If you use this decoder: http://chevroletforum.com/forum/vindecoder.php

It will tell you it is a "Work Truck" trim level.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Jr. Apprentice

My truck says slt on the side badge but the window sticker days sle. Go figure...
    2004 GMC Sierra SLT Z71, Truxedo Low Pro QT tonneau cover, Rhinoliner bed liner, Putco side rails, Weathertech window deflectors and floor mats, AMP Research bed extender, GMC cloth seat covers, light bar, lights and more to come.

@SEMiller, throw your VIN into the link I posted above, it will tell you if it's SLT, or SLE.

Actually, there should be a few clues that will tell you. For example, the automatic temperature control is common to the SLT, the manually operated temp selector is common to the SLE. The SLT may have wood trim on the dash, the SLE will not.