GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: exhaust

Default exhaust

does anyone have any good sound clips of exhaust on the colorado or any advice on a good exhaust

I want to know comparissons on loudness and tone as well! I've looked at the muffler on my truck and it's friggin huge! lol I would like to hear the difference between the Gibson and Magnaflow kits!
    [/SIGPIC]:great:Fresh & New 2008 Colorado LT, Auto, 3.7L:great:
    Magnaflow resonator style muffler
    2006 3.5L K&N FIPK intake with MAF sensor adaptor plate

Smile

Gibson and Dynomax are not loud... go magnaflow, Edelbrock, or Flowmaster 40 series if you can... sorry i have no clips but jsut going from experience ive never really heard a really loud gibson or dynomax... they dont sound bad but they are jsut not that loud especially for the price.... go with one of the other 3 i suggested

Do I need an offset muffler or can I put on a straight muffler? I can't tell if the stock muffler is offset or not.

Legend

What are you looking for in your system? Do you want a complete system or just change out the muffler? do you have a price limit? Any future mods planned? If you can give me a little more info I can give you some options that you might like.

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

Well I wanted a full exhaust system but they were all too quiet for my liking! I don't want anything too flashy and I kinda like the look of the factory exhaust. I went and baught a magnaflow resonator style muffler that's a straight-through design and I'm going to keep the stock piping in and maybe later on have an exhaust shop make it exit out the side behind the rear tire with a magnaflow 3 inch tip (like the gibson or magnaflow catbacks). I usually like going custom anyways! We'll see how it sounds and go from there! Oh I was planning on getting the stage 2 Jet Chip, intake, and possibly later supercharge it if somebody comes out with one! I want an intake really badly but the K&N kit doesn't delete the resonator!!!!!!! That thing makes the intake look unfinished, in my opinion, and outright ugly! LOL
    Last edited by emaxxer; 02-12-2008 at 05:08 PM.

let us know how it turns out!!! Magnaflow makes good stuff you should be happy
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

I have the Flowmaster Super 44 muffler ONLY and for about $70 dollars, it sounds like I had all the piping re-done! I highly recommend Flowmaster if you want it to be loud. I believe the Original 40 series is a little bit louder though.

2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 2WD EXT Cab
    4.3L V6 Vortec, K&N Drop-In, Flowmaster Super 44,
    3" Exhaust tip, 22" Boss #331 Rims, Clifford 50.5x Alarm,
    Escalade Gauges, DJM Leveling Kit, Billet grill, All JL Audio Speakers,
    300XD MTX amp, Two 10" Alpine SWE-1042 subs

-Check out my photo album!

I'm trying to gut the second Catalytic converter but because of all the freakin bends in the piping, Im having a hard time nocking the junk out of it! I was thinking of buying a hand operated roto-rooter since that can flex through the bends! The coat hanger crap isn't cutting it! It's too flimsy! Water always seems to work the best but I live in an aparment and have no access to a water faucet and hose. I don't want to gut the manifold cat, so using water is out of the question.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by