GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sorry enkei, I'm horrible at remember to take pictures...I don't have any of before. Just some during the install. Most of my lights were out.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Ok Sooooo We are waiting.. Take them out and put back the Stock ones... Then take some before and after shots...

Get out of the and get to work.....ok ok....They do look good...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Lol classic! I am thinking about removing them...I have some switches I want to replace, notice on the steering wheel buttons on the right side of the wheel, the paint is wearing off and you can see the light through the paint. I don't like that.

Quote Originally Posted by zigger215 View Post
    Lol classic! I am thinking about removing them...I have some switches I want to replace, notice on the steering wheel buttons on the right side of the wheel, the paint is wearing off and you can see the light through the paint. I don't like that.
    I have this same problem on the steering wheel controls and a couple on the stereo. Truck just rolled over 257,000 miles, too.

LED conversions are a pain but they look so good when finished! I redid just my cluster and A/C controls and I love them!

If interested in using a resistor I used a 460ohm on all of mine.

2010 OEM 20" Wheels
    Color-matched mirror covers and emblem
    20% tinted windows - 6" eyebrow
    Black rear fender-wells
    Completely debadged and demolded
    Duramax airbox replacement w/ K&N filter
    2" Rear drop shackle
    Tailgate light bar
    Flowmaster Delta 50 w/ double tip exits
    Blue footwell lighting
    12" Pioneer Sub (custom downfire box) 850W amp
    Full LED interior

These are preloaded. Every LED needs a different load resistor based on the specs of the LED.

that looks very clean... great job!!!
    Lets drink Beer and work on Trucks!!!

those look really cool i definetly would like to do mind in blue LED. anybody know how much it would cost to get somebody to do them for us who are not very electricly sound?
    2007 Silverado 1500 Z71 4x4 /Volant Intake/ Superchips Programmer/ Recon LED Tailights/ Rough Country Leveling Kit/ Rough Country 1.5" Body Lift/ Widowpeak 305/75/18s/ Trifecta Tri-fold Tonneau Cover/ Blue LED Interior Lights/ Kenwood 1000 Watt Amp/ 2 500 Watt Kicker 10" Subs

I've been thinking about offering my services but I don't know what kind of price I would do...it takes a LOT of time to convert an interior.

I had replaced all of my interior lights in my Silverado with blue LEDs and I liked it a lot better than the factory greenish-white incandescent lights. I've been seriously considering swapping everything out to some nice clean white LEDs in the Avalanche, but with a lot more electronics, it's a lot more work. This time I would have heated seat controls, power window controls, sunroof switch, steering wheel, etc. etc. instead of just gauges, radio, headlight switch, and climate controls like my old truck had. I'll probably still eventually get around to it.
    @zigger215 Just out of curiosity, I know a lot of GMs lighting stuff has the blue-green stuff on the back of it that gives the incandescent lights that weird greenish color - did you need to remove that when you swapped to white LEDs? And if so, how did you do it?

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast