GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Default Good Looking Interior Lighting

So I'm up north workin in the oil fields of prudhoe bay right now (story of my life) and my girlfriend has some stuff to haul in my truck. We were worried it wouldn't start because its been -50 in Fairbanks for the last week or so (it warmed up to 10above yesterday) so she went out and tried starting it, the ol' silverado didn't let her down. She fired right up and then Alida took a picture of the interior lighting in the dark. I thought I'd share, this is a full LED conversion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2342541099.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	48825
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 10-09-2013 at 09:26 PM.

that looks pretty sweet! Are the dimable? I kike how white they are, but they look really bright. I tend to keep my dash lights dimmed pretty low. Did you do the steering wheel controls also? The hvac controls? If so, how hard were they to do? I have 4 of the 8 buttons on my wheel controls with no lights and a few out on my hvac controls.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend
    Blog Entries

That looks awesome!!

It's one of those mods that everyone wants, but I just can't justify the labor in taking everything apart and soldering all that in. The white looks very nice!!
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

They are dimmable. Yea I did the hvac and everything. The entire project took close to 8hrs start to finish. Having a big ass shop tends to help out a lot.

I actually had to drill into the steering wheel circuit for the light switch to install the bigger, rivet style LED. The LEDs are from vision x use

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3272771270.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	48826

I may be harassing you in the near future for more info about the steering wheel controls. I have never installed led lights. I have no idea what resister I would need to use (if any) or what to purchase. I have been directed to many sights by other posts. But, I still have no idea what to buy. I can solder with no problem.

Well my suggestion would be to go with vision x LEDs. They have the resistors in line already and they offer a wide imaging angle for more even lighting.

I've considered doing this in blue but like others I can't justify the time associated with it. Perhaps when I have nothing better to do.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Thats a ton of work and it shows.. Can you post some before and after pics?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

That's what I want to do, but most of my lights are replaceable. Except for the 4wd back lights, headlight switch and door controls.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by