GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Spun a Rod Bearing at 82k miles is there an Online user manual to get torque specs?

I'm putting my motor back together, I wanted to know if there was an online manual that was free or info on here to see what the torque specs and sequence was to put it all back together today.

Thanks Ryan

Legend
    Blog Entries

What type of engine are we talking about, older 350 or newer LS engine?? When we were rebuilding an LS1, we went right to the dealership and had him print out the updated torque specs. Paper manuals or even internet can be outdated, there could be torque specification revisions since then.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

It was for my 07 Trailblazer, it has the 5.3 in it. I already have the motor all back together now and will be done tomorrow.

Thanks
    Ryan

Legend
    Blog Entries

Definately go to the chevy dealer for that, I would download mine but they are for a 5.7 LS1. They might be different and I don't want to give you incorrect torque settings, congrats on doing the work yourself. I bet you learned a lot!
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

I did earlier today, got the torque specs from them for it. the 5.7 and 5.3 are almost identical, the heads are even interchangable. I got the long block all put back together today. This is my daily driver and Supra hauler. Its already in the suv with the tranny bolted up, now just need to button up the rest and start driving her again. Yeah I learned a lot today, that I don't like working on V8's. I love my Inline 6 with a fat turbo sittingon the side lol.

Ok now I've got it all put back together and I've got coeds 171 and 172 and that is all I have, I think its the cord to my 02 Sensor wire for bank one. Can it be anything else? I did notice that it looked like the wire got squished not the connector but just the wire itself that is on the harness not the sensor.

Thanks for the help!