GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The PCV valve, hose and grommet are GM replacements. The hose and fixed orfice valve came as an assembly. I will dissconnect the valve from the hose and see if the vaccuum increases, if so, I will put the old style pcv valve back in and see if it makes a difference with fuel mileage. Thanks for all the responses j cat.

Legend

what is the part number of this new pcv fixed orifice /HOSE valve ? I WOULD LKE TO CHECK THIS PART OUT .

I just replace the pcv and if needed get new hose like oem 2000 . use ac delco pcv .

Engine Crankcase Ventilation #12574660 GM. It comes with the fixed orfice valve and tube. I found Ebay to be the cheapest.

Legend

the part number is correct so just make sure that the intake connection is with no restrictions. also pvc tube may have some debris packing material in it.

The vaccum is low with the fixed orfice valve on it. I pulled the valve off with the engine running and it had really good vacuum, so I put the original style AC Delco valve back in it and there was still good vacuum. I just filled up my tank and only got 14.1mpg's this last tank. Will see if changing the pcv valve back to the original helps with the fuel mileage.

Legend

ya 14 mpg is not good. up here I get 17 MPG in the cold winter temps. you should get in 70 deg f temps 17-18 mpg if you keep the speed down to 70MPH.

after the test run post back what happened.

I have never seen this vac restrictor on any vehicle . the hose is with no internal valves.

I am going to see if I can get one to look at .

The pcv valve is from a TSB that GM sent out for motors that are using too much oil during their oil change interval and it's supposed to slow consumption. I think its mainly for the AFM motors though, but figured I would try and see if my oil consumption would completely go away even though I am only using a quart about every 4,000-5,000 miles. The valve is hollow inside with a small hole in the end that goes into the valve cover.

Legend

well we are lucky we do not own those AFM engines. I too go about 8,ooomi on oil change synthetic mobil 1 and I use less than a qt of oil with 140,ooomi on it now. I would say 3/4 qt @ 8,ooomi. those new engines suck up lots of oil some with 40,ooomi use 1 qt every 1,000mi.

thats why I still have this 2000 sil. new ones are not good !

if the engines have alot of blowby gases reducing the PCV flow will reduce oil useage BUT it will create lots of carbon issues and plug fouling/oil damage. these engines also require dexos GM approved engine oils. my last oil change the mobil 1 has this now on the container.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12