GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

That was on the way to Band Camp.... Sorry ....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I don't have any pictures of the accident (my wife has some though), but she was just in an accident last week with her '07 Chevy Cobalt. She was on the freeway trying to merge right, had her signal on, looked everywhere, and started to move. She looked ahead over her to make sure she wasn't gonna hit anything, and when she looked back, she was mirror to mirror with another car that had taken her spot (no signal or anything). She had that "oh S@!t" moment and over corrected. She did a 360 on the freeway before hitting the center divider at an angle at 70mph. The front of her car was half as long as it use to be. Thankfully she walked away with only a bruised knee! Everything behind the side mirrors was absolutely fine, strangely. The idiot who caused the accident kept going, and NOBODY stopped to check on my wife until highway patrol showed up. My wife sent a letter to Chevy thanking them for the safety features of the car, and they actually called her back to make sure she was ok! They said something about sendin her letter to the designers to let em know what they do actually saves lives.
    Alas the Cobalt was taken from us too early. I remember many times tinkering under the hood with the wife, and decking it out for anniversaries and holidays. She will be missed. On the lighter side, my wife took the insurance money and put a down payment on a new Buick Lacrosse AWD with the 3.6L V-6. Not a bad upgrade!
    I'll see about getting photo's later!

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab Z71 4X4 5.3L Flex Fuel
    MagnaFlow single in duel out system
    Volant CAI & Ram Air Scoop with Power Core Filter
    Rhino Tuff Grip Spray in Bed liner
    Undercover Classic Tonneau
    Trail FX Bug "deflector"
    AVS Window Deflectors
    Black Powder Coated Nerf Bars
    RECON L.E.D. Interior, 3rd Cab light, Projector headlights, and Taillights
    ATX Crawl Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain tires
    CalTrend Neoprene seat covers
    2" leveling kit from Max Trac
    Diablo Trinity with Diablew Tune

Glad she is ok. Nice upgrade.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Here is my 03 yukon XL. A 16 year old girl turned in front of me. I was doing 45mph and did not have a chance to take my foot off of the gas. She was in a new jeep liberty, She spun across 3 lanes and landed in a ditch. (you can see the hood up on her liberty behind the car in the first pic) My truck went about 5 ft after impact. You can't really tell in the picture, but the entire front end is shifted about 20 inches to the passenger side. The battery was split completely in half. It was a total loss. Of course I just had the front and rear diffs rebuilt, new alternator, new battery, new drive shaft, water pump, belt, new shocks the day before, the list of new stuff I had just put on it is pretty long. (no, I am not the fat guy in the yellow shirt!!)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0716121715a.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	55823Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0716121715.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	55824Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0716121717.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	55825

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I've only been in 2 accidents in the truck and only had to talk to insurance in one, but here they go:

Last year around this time I was driving to go meet my mom at the bank and then do some errands. While I was driving I took a quick Left turn at a light before it changed so I was going alittle faster then normal and was following the lady in front of me a bit too close. Then BAM a flash a red from her tail lights so I slammed on my brakes but it didn't do much to slow me down compared to how fast she stopped in her Ford Edge. I slammed right in to her back bumper and cracked and dented the plastic while it only left a small dent in my bumper. What had caused her to stop was some 20 something punk kid falling in the street in front of her so she had to stop. She was so pissed at the guy and felt so bad for me who she said to the cop multiple times that it wasn't my fault! In the end the cop who was right at the scene when in happened gave me a verbal warning about following alittle too close and we exchanged insurance info, but she never filed a claim.

The second time I was pulling out in the mall parking where there was huge blind spots and after checking several times I pulled out and BAM a Dodge Stratus slams right in to my Driver side front wheel and wheel well. The lady was speeding and I could tell the car had been in multiple accidents. Actually to be honest I don't think the lady had insurance. The damage to my truck was totally ****ing the front steering alignment and denting my wheel well by the door pretty bad. Lord was it scary because my girlfriend was in the car and it really just ruined a day that I was trying to relax off work.

Pictures:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-10-05_15-28-46_235.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	55877Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-10-05_15-28-51_229.jpg 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	55878Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-10-05_15-29-00_920.jpg 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	55879Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130727_222034_455.jpg 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	55873Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130727_222118_285.jpg 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	55874Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130727_222123_159.jpg 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	55875Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130727_222129_259.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	55876

- - - Updated - - -

I just realized I forgot about a third Accident which really was a small fender bender. One afternoon I was backing out of my parking space in the school parking lot next to my friend and right as I was behind her car she began to back up and just kept going until she hit my truck. I really should've honked or moved but I was so dumb founded she couldn't see the massive white truck behind her I just sat there and watched. Luckily it didn't hurt either of our vehicles, but it was embarrassing for her. She used it as her most embarrassing moment in our senior video.

I may need to find the pics from my moms accident in her Forester. Damn are those Subarus tough. Had any other car got hit like hers it would've been totaled but hers was fully fixed and she drives it every day.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

You can look in my siggy to see my wrecked trailblazer story.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Anyone else?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123