GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Tow Mirrors for a Sierra 1500?

Where can I find Tow Mirrors for my 1500 Sierra? I would like to keep the, in glass turn signals! Any and All suggestions appreciated.......
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, Custom tuned. 4:11's

I've enjoyed the tow mirrors that attach to my existing mirrors. No electronics required and they look slick. Because they slide around the mirror housing (looking just like they're a part of it), they don't impede the existing functionality (your turn signals show great. You just end up with an extra adjustable mirror on the outer edge). They're very sturdy and create no noise while driving. They're also dirt cheap! I love them because I can take them off in about 10 seconds then put them in the trailer when they're not needed. A whole lot easier to drive around the mountain trails without massive mirrors sticking out the sides...

Here's the kind I use on my 1500:

http://www.amazon.com/CIPA-10900-Che...ds=Tow+mirrors

But if you're really keen on full replacements, these might do for you (personally not tried them). The reviews looked solid, too:
    http://www.amazon.com/Fit-System-620...ype=automotive

To each their own... For me, $50 sure beats $300.

-Skippy
    Cheers,
    2006 Vortec Max 1500
    Performance:
    -Custom Tune (389HP 440 Ft/lbs Trq - Dyno'd) | Volant CAI | Magnaflow Dual-in/out Exhaust w/3" stainless pipe tips | Fully Built Transmission w/ Red Eagle Clutches & Kolene Steels w/ Corvette Servos and Stage2 Shift Kit | 35K Tranny Cooler | Mobil 1 | Royal Purple Rear Diff
    Other:
    -Spray-in Bed Liner
    -Premium Sound w/lifetime Satellite Radio | Leather | Sunroof | Heated Seats
    -Limbstriping from USING the truck (those are badges of honor)

Sr. Mechanic

If I were you I'd go with the second link replacing the whole mirror. Yes it's more expensive but if you're towing on any kind of a regular basis it's definitely worth the money. They make it so easy to keep an eye on what you are towing.
    2004 GMC Sierra SLT 6.0L 4x4
    UWS Low Profile toolbox 10% tint front and over stock back tint
    AirAid MIT and K&N airfilter
    BlackBear Performance