GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default 2008 silverado Start Isuue/ Service 4 wheel drive/ Serv. Air Bag/ Serv. Tire monitor?

Well today i got in my truck and it started fine and no problems until this afternoon. All of a sudden it wouldn't start or attempt to turn over and it said on the Dash .. Service 4 Wheel Drive/ Service Air Bag/ Service Tire Monitor System has anyone ever had these issues before? Also is there a recall on the chevy computer's for the 2008 because i'm pretty sure it's the CPU that's throwing everything off! I need some help hopefully this isn't a big problem since i know it's the CPU!! Anyone with help and need more info let me know!! Thanks, Jake

2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Lt Z71 5.3 V8
    7.5 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift
    RBP Replica Grille Black w Chrome Rivets
    Recon Smoked Cab Roof Lights
    N-Fab Powdercoated Gloss black Cab Length Nerf Steps
    5% Tint over 20% all the way around / 5% Eyebrow Strip
    AVS Smoked Window Visors
    Z71 Stickers Black & Metallic Silver
    Tow Mirrors / Smoked Turn Signals
    XM Satellite Radio Fin / Color Matched
    Interior Plastic Pieces / Color Matched
    Power Acoustic Tweeters
    Painted Bowties / Color Matched
    Painted Door Handles / Color Matched
    Smittybilt Bull Bar / Color Matched
    Custom Rolled Edge Exhaust Tips / Color Matched
    Custom 2.5 Inch Cat Back True Dual Exhaust
    Flowmaster Super 40 Series Dual in / Dual out
    Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe
    K&N Air Filter
    18x9 Rockstars Machined Black
    Center Caps / Color Matched
    33.13.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    New Front Wheel Well Liners
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Tailights
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Third Brake Light / Smoked
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Halo Projector Headlights
    Notto HID Kit 10,000k Low beams
    Recon L.E.D. Light Bar
    Buschwacker OE Style Tailgate Cap
    AMI Gloss Black Antenna
    Debadged Chrome Lettering
    Door Molding Removed

Jake,

I would be happy to look into this for you. Please feel free to contact me with more information including your VIN. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Quote Originally Posted by GM Customer Service View Post
    Jake,

I would be happy to look into this for you. Please feel free to contact me with more information including your VIN. Thank you.

Hey Tricia thanks for the Reply! I figured it was my Battery since i have had the same 1 for 3 years now ha. I took it to get the charge checked on the battery and it ended up being a bad battery. I was relieved it wasn't anything major as far as the CPU and all instead i only pay $105 for a battery. I assume my truck didn't have enough power to even know what was going on and stuff was popping up. I tried today and everything worked and no service codes or anything popped up i tried to crank once and the juice was gone that's when i knew it was the battery. Thanks again for the help Tricia PM when you get this!

Jake,

I am glad to hear that your concern has been resolved. Please feel free to contact me in the future if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you again.

I would think the battery is under warranty if your truck is an 08,was it not?
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Quote Originally Posted by GM Customer Service View Post
    Jake,

I am glad to hear that your concern has been resolved. Please feel free to contact me in the future if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you again.

Well come to find out it wasn't the Battery! I know the battery was dead because no power came on at all on the truck now that problem is resolved and everything is working EXCEPT my Radio want turn on and is acting funny? I still have the same issue with all the reading on the dash when i turn the truck partially on. Idk to me it seems like it's something electrical and is throwing the computer off.. I am going to get the truck looked at Monday and have to get it Towed to the shop a few miles from the house. Hopefully it isn't a big problem even though i have ALLOT of aftermarket lighting and everything on my truck. I plan on taking off my Auto Start and Security system and selling it since i have no use for it after a year or so. IF anyone has had this issue please help me out some guys. Thanks, Jake

Not necessarily related, but I had a T-Bird and all the warning lights went on, the car wouldn't start, the battery was dead... because of a bad alternator. Any chance that's your problem?

Idk man the truck only has 60,000 miles on it if this is the problem hopefully warranty will clear the charges. The truck had no problems at all until after i left the house and then parked it and then it wouldn't start and had all the service warnings on and will not even turn over or anything. I can hear the fuel pump and everything working though. Idk how to test the alternator and the truck can't move to go anywhere lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstarrchevy81 View Post
    Idk man the truck only has 60,000 miles on it
    That T-Bird ate alternators for breakfast. First one went out at 20,000 miles. Towed to the dealer, fixed under warranty. That one went out at 40,000. Dealer said, "you must have got a bad one." So I said you're gonna replace it, right? He said nope, your warranty expired at 36,000. So I bought one with a lifetime warranty. Good thing, because it went out again at 60,000. Seeing a pattern here? Had the whole electrical system checked, everything perfect. Went out again at 80,000 and again at 100,000. By this time I was able to replace it in 15 minutes. When I hit 120,000 I picked up a spare. Used it 2 weeks later. Finally sold the car a month later. Told the guy it had a brand new alternator, he didn't have to worry for 20,000 miles.

With all that electrical draw on your truck - light bars, roof lights - you could very well be overloading the alternator and toasting it.

Yeah you might be right man ha. Is there anyway i can check the alternator to see if it's bad or not? I wouldn't have though the codes would come up over a bad alternator but idk allot still learning with things like this? I havent got it towed or anything because a alternator will be easy to change out and don't want to get it towed and then pay at the dealership later..

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

Also wouldn't the alternator be under powertrain warranty or is it not covered thru that?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by