GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default question about new truck

The dealer told me it is a z71, the previous owner took off the factory sticker and added the camo 4x4 sticker so i dont know if it is. How can i tell?

- - - Updated - - -

And also it has the 6" rough country lift on it so i dont know if that will make a difference in being able to tell. Also has aftermarket rearend.
    2009 Silverado 1500 LT
    -6" Rough Country lift, 20" incubus recoils, 35 x 12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers, RBP Side steps, Frontier fron replacement bumper(kindoff pre runner style), pioneer 7" double din, pioneer door speakers, 4.10 gears, K&N CAI

Look in the RPO code in the glove box

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Also, i got the carfax on it today. saw it had the pinion seal(s) replaced. And also had the camshaft replaced and oil pump replaced. called dealer who did it they said camshaft was worn down? somthing on it was anyways. Say they put a new cam in it that is made to not have that problem. And also timing cover seal was replaced. Think i will have problems with it?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I would get it checked out good.. If it's lifted already I would not worry about the Z71 Pkg all it is is Shocks, Skid pkg and stickers Oh and Locker...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Well my dad is a mechanic, he said i shouldnt really have any problems with it unless im hauling ass everywhere or going mudding. But wanted another opinion