GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wouldn't mind owning this!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...item2c6c364f4d

Manual tranny out of a dodge 2500 and supercharged:

still needs some work but I'd take it on

Blog Entries

yeah, I'd buy er'......Brian from Canada
    Silverado Crew.....4.8 L

---Pendaliner BoxLiner and Side Rails....Van and Truck World
    ---Reese Adjustable Step Down Trailer Hitch....Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome eyebrow Mirror Covers.... Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome Bowtie 3rd Brake Light Cover....Van and Truck World
    ---DeeZee TailGate Assist ....Van and Truck World ( now Action Car and Truck Accessories )

---Westin Series side steps....Apple Auto Glass
    ---TRIFOLD rear soft Tonneau....Apple Auto Glass

---Chevrolet Bowtie Mudflaps...GM Dealer
    ---GM Rear Wheel Well liners...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Black Tow Hooks w Hloks
    ---GM Chrome Tailgate Handle/matching key-lock....GM Dealer
    ---GM Driver Information Center Upgrade...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Tinted Bug Deflector...GM Dealer
    ---GM Chrome Door Handles....GM Dealer

---Better Built rear hitch step .... Lowe's !!!
    ---AVS Window VentVisors...Canadian Tire
    ---AVS tinted License plate covers....Wal-Mart

very nice, surprised enkei hasnt replied yet lol

one thing i never cared for about these models is the split fender well, personally i think it'd look better if the body cladding went all the way up and around the wheel well arch, the smooth painted top portion a;ways looked tacky to me

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Hey I was working all day!!! Sorry Sweet ride.. It's gotta be a member from the Avalanche sites He has Ambers...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by barefoot greg View Post
    very nice, surprised enkei hasnt replied yet lol

one thing i never cared for about these models is the split fender well, personally i think it'd look better if the body cladding went all the way up and around the wheel well arch, the smooth painted top portion a;ways looked tacky to me
    I hear ya.

If I get the spare cash I'd like to linex the plastic and go over the wells like its all one piece

Priorities though, cognito stabilizer kit along with new idler and pitman arms

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

how about this? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	florida truck pics 037.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	49069Click image for larger version. 

Name:	florida truck pics 035.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	49070Click image for larger version. 

Name:	florida truck pics 038 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	49071these wee called the 4 fender mod by Enkei..Comes in Lt and Dark Gray to match your Av
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Those older Avalanches had WAY too much of that ugly gray body cladding. Most of the older ones I see the body cladding has this whitish grey fade to it. The newer ones that look like a Suburban with a bed look WAY better.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

yeah,,,, sort of, this is on the right track but i mean the whole thing, so it looked like one continious flare. these remind me of the metal rear wheel well covers you use to see on cars from the 50's, which i thought were sweet, but not quite the look i meant.

Which brings me to another topic i'd been meaning to ask:

OK so say you install a 6" lift for example, typical lifts only drop your LCA's and you still have the same amount of wheel travel, your tires are just 6" lower than before. That leaves alot of un used wheel well, using the same idea as what you showed in the pic, how sweet would it look to have those filling the space back in so from the side you dont see the monster hole in the side where the tire use to reside?

Kind of the same idea as having a body lift and then going ahead and installing a body kit to cover up the frame, or step bars as most people do.

Quote Originally Posted by barefoot greg View Post
    yeah,,,, sort of, this is on the right track but i mean the whole thing, so it looked like one continious flare. these remind me of the metal rear wheel well covers you use to see on cars from the 50's, which i thought were sweet, but not quite the look i meant.

Which brings me to another topic i'd been meaning to ask:

OK so say you install a 6" lift for example, typical lifts only drop your LCA's and you still have the same amount of wheel travel, your tires are just 6" lower than before. That leaves alot of un used wheel well, using the same idea as what you showed in the pic, how sweet would it look to have those filling the space back in so from the side you dont see the monster hole in the side where the tire use to reside?

Kind of the same idea as having a body lift and then going ahead and installing a body kit to cover up the frame, or step bars as most people do.
    Yeah if there was a kit that was all one piece up front for the wheel well it would look cool. Otherwise, I think the lines from the separate pieces might look funky and too chopped up

Interesting find, @kinson33. Too bad the owner didn't finish it (no 4WD). It makes me wonder why it's for sale. I'm not buying the 'too anxious to get back on the road' commentary; you don't go through all of that work only to half-bake it at the end. Something just smells wrong...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast