GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 04 Silverado 12v Supply

I Got the the 8 speaker wires, ground and constant power and the little orange data wire that runs into a axxess aswc unit for steering wheel controls wired. But were do I run the red 12v ignition wire to. Can I buy a one of those 10 amp add a curcuit taps to a run in the fuse then to the radio on the drivers side inside the dash and if I can witch one will work. Thanks in advance as this is the only thing keeping my from enjoying my tunes man.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Is this for the Radio? What are you powering?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Is this for the Radio? What are you powering?
    Its for a radio i know i can get the pac harness for 170 but im 80$ deep in harness and past the return dates everything wired up besides the 12v ignition wire were should i tap in to get the power

Legend

the ignition wire is to go to the power circuit that has power when the ignition switch is in the on position. the device your installing should indicate what sized fuse to use. I would tap off the interior fuse block at the point where you have voltage only when ignition is ON!

So if i get a add a curcuit i could run it off one of the fuses in the interior fuse block there then to the radio someone else told me the brown wire off the ignition would work with a t-tap and a inline 5 amp fuse.