GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Need HELP!!!!

Default Need HELP!!!!

hey guys today i went to make adjustments on my hypertech max energy programmer and when i hooked up and went into it it tells me 90 cal please call hypertech and give me the number. do anyone know what iws causeing this. im also looking at either a diablo tune or blackbear tune when i get my new gears and right now i cant get the hyper tech out can i still run another tune while the hyper tech is in the truck.

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

This is a good question for @06MonteSS

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I strongly suspect you must remove the hypertech tune before you can put in a BB or Diablosport tune.

The hypertech questions probably aren't good ones for 06monteSS, be he can likely answer questions pertaining to the Diablosport.

I was thinking that he could tell us if the tune needed to be removed before installing a new tune. A new tuner may treat the old tune as the stock program and save it as such, then install the new tune. Problem is he loses his stock program.

did you call hypertech?
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

yes you would need to remove the hypertech tune... you would have to restore the original backup stock tune to the truck first before using a better diablo tool on it and I can definitely get you hooked up with one, plus my custom tuning at a discount, whenever you're ready...

but as to what the issue/problem is with the hypertech, I have no idea.... you will need to call hypertech about that...
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

thanks guys no i havnt called yet i been working nights but ill be calling tmr when i wake up.