GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Factory Remote Start

I have a 2009 GMC Sierra SLE with the AP8 Code. I purchased a key fob to hopefully get the factory remote start to work... It did not but when I try to start it with the key fob the parking lights will flash.

I am thinking if the truck had the Driver Information Center (DIC) It could be Activated through the menu.

I know most gm cars and truck that have DIC and Factory remote start, the remote start can be enabled and disabled through the DIC.

Can anyone tell me if I could enable the factory remote start in my truck if I got the DIC For my truck???

I can get a DIC for my truck for under $75.00

Thank You for the help!!!
    Cory

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

If you have all the wiring from the factory I think the truck has to be programed at the dealership..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by hammer76 View Post
    I have a 2009 GMC Sierra SLE with the AP8 Code. I purchased a key fob to hopefully get the factory remote start to work... It did not but when I try to start it with the key fob the parking lights will flash.

I am thinking if the truck had the Driver Information Center (DIC) It could be Activated through the menu.

I know most gm cars and truck that have DIC and Factory remote start, the remote start can be enabled and disabled through the DIC.

Can anyone tell me if I could enable the factory remote start in my truck if I got the DIC For my truck???

Cory
    Cory....x2 on what has been mentioned above by Enkei...........having RPO Code"AP8"....means you have the Factory Remote Starter Prep-Package.

You then Would buy from either G.M.'s Accessory Web Site or your Local G.M./Chevy Dealer.......the Factory Remote Starter System, The Kit Includes Two Remote Fobs and
    an Unlock Authorization Security Code that the Dealer Needs when they call G.M.......This SYSTEM MUST Be Programmed by your Local G.M./Chevy Dealer..

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by hammer76 View Post

Cory
    All Silverados and Sierras have a DIC, some of the lower trim levels just don't come with the buttons. You need to get the DIC buttons.

I agree with the other forum members, you need to get the computer re-programmed at the dealer.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Or buy the GM MDI scanner for $1k and do it yourself......
    01' 1500 LT Z71 ECSB 5.3L
    line-x'd front brush guard with KC Daylighters, 6000k HID lows and highs, rewired highbeams, Trans-go mild shift kit, custom stainless duals, 3500 dually OEM taillights, K&N CAI. Still have OEM fender flairs and leveling kit in boxes waiting for time.