GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New owner to old GMC truck in Utah

So two weeks ago i picked up myself a 1995 Sierra SLT, it had been just sitting in a back yard for 4 years and since ive owned it ive put in a new power steering pump and line, starter, added a new 3 inch exhaust from the cat back, (custom y pipe coming in a week) and have started to alter the interior to get rid of the Dr. Pepper Purple insides. lol. ive removed the back seat bench and am currently reupholsertering it myself. Also when i bought it, it came with 3 sets of tires and wheels. ( one 33x14.50x15 super swampers mostly bald, 33x1350x15 superswamper TSL brand new, and some tiny thow away tires on 18inch rims) so for 1900 bucks i dont think it was a bad deal... heres a before and afters kinda didnt like the "custom faded red/pink" look lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails big red pink.jpg   Big Red.jpg  

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

A little work and it can be nice.. Good Woods truck..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

its going to take a lot of work to make it nice in my opinion... i got this for cash and got rid of my Jeep so im saving about 700 a month just in car note and insurance and i plan on putting that into this truck... the interior will be black and grey leather with lime green stitching and the exterior hopefully in the next few months will be repainted to a high gloss black and tear the body off and powder coat the frame and all underbody lime green, delete the bumpers and custom fab prerunner bumpers and tada... ill be happy
    Lets drink Beer and work on Trucks!!!

Welcome to the G M T C ! You have it looking good!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by retired2001 View Post
    Welcome to the G M T C ! You have it looking good!
    thank you! im glad this site is better than GMCowners.com... there is no sense of community there

welcome to the club!

nice lookin truck arready! not a bad price either, depending on your location, the extra tires will be nice for winter, When I lifted mine, I kept my stock rims n tires for this reason, I have a 07 duramax i use in the winter and in the summer as a work truck.
    But even though i dont drive my 04 in the winter, I still take the 35's off her, deflate them down to about 10 lbs and put them in my heated garage, I put my truck in the barn with the stock rims and tires on her for 2 reasons:

1) no flat spots from sitting

2) dont have to worry about the rims getting dinged up as I'm constantly working out there movin equiptment and tools to and fro..

I'm liking where you're thinking about going with the paint scheme, lookin forward to seeing your ride develop!

Quote Originally Posted by barefoot greg View Post
    welcome to the club!

nice lookin truck arready! not a bad price either, depending on your location, the extra tires will be nice for winter, When I lifted mine, I kept my stock rims n tires for this reason, I have a 07 duramax i use in the winter and in the summer as a work truck.
    But even though i dont drive my 04 in the winter, I still take the 35's off her, deflate them down to about 10 lbs and put them in my heated garage, I put my truck in the barn with the stock rims and tires on her for 2 reasons:

1) no flat spots from sitting

2) dont have to worry about the rims getting dinged up as I'm constantly working out there movin equiptment and tools to and fro..

I'm liking where you're thinking about going with the paint scheme, lookin forward to seeing your ride develop!

im looking to have the paint done by the end of march and the underbody by may... but things may change because my wife is having a baby in sept so we are going to be saving but dang once you get the bug its hard to suppress it til the truck is done lol....

tell me about it! i've done enough mods to my truck that when i pull up to the local gas pump, some random teenagers who just got his wheels'll commonly come up n wanna know all the **** thats done to it. The pump stops fillin before im done goin thru the list lol.

And the sad thing is.. The other list: future mods, it just keeps gettin longer n longer

i dont have a garage so i need to wait til better weather before i can really dig into it!

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you here.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast