GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Volant Air Intake

I have read around that the Vortec is particular on how much air it takes in, on that note I installed a Volant Air Intake and at times on a windy highway or going fast enough I get a check engine light having Onstar I had them tell me the fault which leads back to the intake. I have noticed no reduction in performance and it clears after a few starts. Anyone else have this problem or potentially could my MAF be dirty or just wanting to be replaced sometime? Thanks for all input.
    2007 Silverado Classic LT Ext. Cab Std. Box
    - Volant Air Intake
    - Thrush Glass Pack
    " Arise, Kill, and Eat."

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Check for air leaks check all clamps and if you can clean your MAF and disconnect your battery to reset everything..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

ive got a volant intake on my new body 07 and havent had that issue. but would defintely see if you have a leak somewhere and if theres anyway you can tighten it down some more just for good measure.
    2007 Silverado 1500 Z71 4x4 /Volant Intake/ Superchips Programmer/ Recon LED Tailights/ Rough Country Leveling Kit/ Rough Country 1.5" Body Lift/ Widowpeak 305/75/18s/ Trifecta Tri-fold Tonneau Cover/ Blue LED Interior Lights/ Kenwood 1000 Watt Amp/ 2 500 Watt Kicker 10" Subs

No such issue with my volant. As others have said, check your clamps and check for leaks. If it persists after that, clean the MAF and disconnect the battery for a period to force a reset.

The battery has been reset, guess I will take it on you guys and check for leaks. The cover missing with that be an issue? I have no cover on the intake. Thanks a lot though.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Cover off is fine it's after the Maf that if there is a leak that you might get a code. My K&N fell off the tube 1 time Not sure how long it was off But never got a code...

yea cover off is fine i have mine off and just have the big box around it unless you go muddin or somthing like that you should probably put it back on i forgot to put mine on and my filter got soaked and that was bad news

Quote Originally Posted by devil_doc7721 View Post
    yea cover off is fine i have mine off and just have the big box around it unless you go muddin or somthing like that you should probably put it back on i forgot to put mine on and my filter got soaked and that was bad news
    Couldn't imagine, it is not too often it happens which is odd I'd say. Only on the highway on the way to my buddies.