GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Question pics of NBS Silverado with body lift

if anybody has a 07 or newer silverado with a body lift i would greatly appreciate it if yall could send me sum pics. im thinkn bout putin a 3 inch body lift on my truck just like to see a truck with it already on there
    I own a 2007 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab (new body style). my truck is Red and has the 4.8, basically stock but i got big plans.

i would highly recommend not getting a body lift, it really isnt that safe.
    2007 GMC Sierra SLE CC, fabtech, 20x10 ultra predators, toyo mts

What exactly are you worried about with a body lift? You can get gap guards to fill in, and it looks like fine. I've been running one now for a long time and I have had no issues.

As AJ has said, it does make it a little more top heavy as it changes the trucks COB. If you aren't making erratic moves, you will be fine.
    2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 in Black

6" BDS Suspension Lift | 3" BDS Body Lift |17" Rock Crawler Stellies | 35" Cooper STTs | 4.56 Yukon Gears | AirAid CAI and TBS | Flowmaster 40s | HyperPAC Programmer

2001 TJ Sahara in Sienna

3.5" RE Suspension Lift | 33x12.50 Baja MTZs | D30/44 | ROKMEN Merc Front Bumper | Warn Rockcrawler Rear w/ Carrier | Warn M8000 Winch

referring to ajsierra i had a body lift on my old 2001 for 7 years of the 8 that i owned the truck and never had any problems. i just would like to see a new body style with a body lift on it to see if i like the look. body lifts are safe.

I'm pretty sure that AllBlkdOut has a body lift on his NBS. It looks good. Check out his sig pic.

thank you i check it out

i ran my body lift for 2 years without a problem. if they were really that unsafe they wouldnt make them.

try performanceaccessories.com and look at the photos
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Sr. Apprentice

Correct me i'm wrong here guys, but isn't a body lift "safer" than a suspension lift? I'm just saying, if we're trying to compare the safety aspect -- a body lift keeps the heaviest components of the truck, the frame, suspension components, engine, and drivetrain all at the stock height, keeping the center of gravity lower than if you were to put the same height of a suspension lift on the truck, theoretically reducing your risk of rollovers and imrpoving handling. Not to mention the fact that suspension lifts could potentially (I'm just saying potentially, don't flame me) stress your existing suspension components, where a body lift won't. I know you're going for 2 different things here -- greater off-road clearance vs. greater clearance for larger tires and aesthetics. But I don't think the safety of a body lift should really be questioned.
    Ruby Red Metallic 2008 Silverado Z71 Ext Cab -- Rancho 4" Lift, 20x10 Chrome XD Rockstars, 305/55/20 BFG Mud Terrains

Sr. Apprentice

Sorry, forgot to add that my future plans for my truck after I get back from my upcoming 5 month TDY is going to include a 2.5" leveling kit, then a 3" body lift so I can fit some 34-35" tires under there. Also contemplating putting one of the squires turbo systems on there as well. It would be fun to have a 480 hp silverado, huh?

hey jimbo, im in the same boat with my 07. if you get any pics, please pass them on to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by