GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default My posts aren't showing?

After I post something there is a message that it needs to be approved by a moderator. Will this happen to every post I make?

I'm not sure what's causing it, but posts usually get moderated by users with less than 10 posts who have website links or odd code in them. This happens as a self-defense against spammers. I don't see anything particularly wrong with yours posts that would invoke this. However, once you hit 10 posts you're clear.

EDIT: I removed an extra pair of IMG tags from your signature just in case that was the issue.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

not typically, i've only had it happen once to me and it was about a week ago, but i hit the back button and tried again and the post showed up the second time.

One thing i have a problem with occasionally is ill type up a full response and when i his post quick reply nothing happens, then a couple seconds later ill click it again and a message appears at the bottom of the screen saying that the website is not responding and it refreshes the page.. which means you have to retype every thing.

I always right click and copy all my posts incase this happens so if it screws up i can just paste my post back in the reply box instead of having to retype

Thanks for the response guys.

My post didn't show again....

It looks like posts are disappearing again. I assume this is a bug with the website?

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chuggo View Post
    My post didn't show again....
    I'm assuming that since your last post on this thread was about 4 months ago, that your posting problem has been resolved. I also checked your profile to see if any posts got hung up in our anti-spam tool and did not see any. Please let me know if you are still having problems.
    Last edited by mfleetwood; 06-11-2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: type o

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    I'm assuming that since your last post on this thread was about 4 months ago, that your posting problem has been resolved. I also checked your profile to see if any posts got hung up in our anti-spam tool and did not see any. Please let me know if you are still having problems.

Hummm. I must be mistaken, I posted this morning and the post is missing. I actually have a screen print of it where it posted correctly and I have a cached copy of it from google.

This site has some serious issues with its database or something loosing records.

I am sure I could figure out where the problem is with my background in networking and database structure if you guys that manage the site need some help. I am always glad to offer assistance to people in need when I can.

mfleetwood, I think you quoted the wrong post on this thread.