GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Good place to buy parts

I hope this is the right place to post this.. i was just wondering where are some good reputable places to buy 4x4 chevy parts and accessories? what are some of your favorite online sites? I just bought my first z71 and i'm looking to accessorize! thanks guys

if your looking for a lift kit roughcountry.com i would say is the place to go there name brand and there pretty cheap. accessories wise i like autoanything.com i get most everything on there and they are good prices also. welcome to the club brother
    2007 Silverado 1500 Z71 4x4 /Volant Intake/ Superchips Programmer/ Recon LED Tailights/ Rough Country Leveling Kit/ Rough Country 1.5" Body Lift/ Widowpeak 305/75/18s/ Trifecta Tri-fold Tonneau Cover/ Blue LED Interior Lights/ Kenwood 1000 Watt Amp/ 2 500 Watt Kicker 10" Subs

It may surprise you but amazon has an amazing selection.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

thanks guys that's very helpful

yea i forgot to add amazon on there they have alot of stuff on there cheaper than normal sights. i have gotten some stuff on there i usually find it online and then see if they have it on amazon cheaper and most times they do

http://www.gmpartsnation.com is pretty good, they ship fast. I used them a few years ago for my old Silverado for some parts before trading her in for something newer and better.

I wouldn't recommend Amazon, I've found that sellers on there are slow and not very communicative because they sell on both eBay and Amazon so they care more about their eBay feedback than their Amazon.

How was gmpartsnation's shipping and handling charges? GM partdirect sells the part cheaply, but charge a crazy high handling charge. I have never had an issue with Amazon, especially on Delco parts. As long as it says that the part is shipped by amazon then it is shipped quickly. They are great with returns also (if you have prime) I had an issue with a delco power steering pump. I finished installing the defect one at 10 pm. Noticed the problem and alerted amazon. They overnight shipped a replacement free of charge and sent me a return label for the defective one. So it did not cost me anything to ship it back. I had the new one before 1pm the next day.
    I have used 4wheelparts .com a few times when buying accessories for my 95. They dropped shipped the traction bars from one location and the mounting brackets from another, both arrived at the same time. But, there were pieces missing. They overnight shipped the missing parts and gave me a $100 credit toward my next purchase. (I had spent A LOT of money with them within a two month period)

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

LMC Truck has a pretty wide selection of everything from cab corners to windows. Replacement parts aswell as custom aftermarket. Prices are usually pretty cheap.

I also like TruckAddons.com they have a pretty wide selection of Accessories. They also have a low price guarentee where if you find it cheaper on another site they'll match which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    How was gmpartsnation's shipping and handling charges? GM partdirect sells the part cheaply, but charge a crazy high handling charge. I have never had an issue with Amazon, especially on Delco parts. As long as it says that the part is shipped by amazon then it is shipped quickly. They are great with returns also (if you have prime) I had an issue with a delco power steering pump. I finished installing the defect one at 10 pm. Noticed the problem and alerted amazon. They overnight shipped a replacement free of charge and sent me a return label for the defective one. So it did not cost me anything to ship it back. I had the new one before 1pm the next day.
    I have used 4wheelparts .com a few times when buying accessories for my 95. They dropped shipped the traction bars from one location and the mounting brackets from another, both arrived at the same time. But, there were pieces missing. They overnight shipped the missing parts and gave me a $100 credit toward my next purchase. (I had spent A LOT of money with them within a two month period)
    gmpartsnation charged only a few dollars for handling, I'm not sure what the post office charges these days are but it wasn't that bad.

I have bought from Amazon through the marketplace, so it really varies, but I had a bad experience which soured me from amazon.

4wheel parts sounds really good, I'll check them out next time.

I am lucky enough to have a 4wheel parts store not far from my house, but I have ordered things from the website with out issue. I have also used amazon a bunch to order items without issue. I tend to search around a bit before making a purchase to find the lowest possible price.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18