GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Headlamp Assemblies that Don't Leak and are Bright

Hi, all:

I looked at a few threads from doing a search on this site, but I think I need to post a new query for my situation. Thank you in advance for opinions.

As some here know, a couple of years ago I had my truck dismantled, taken down to bare metal and repainted. In the process, I replaced many things like all the exterior trim, and the headlamp assemblies, which had badly yellowed. I tried to polish them out but I could not get them all the way clear. I ordered OEM units from my Chevy dealer. Have had them in now for a few years and they are both now filled with water on the insides.

Has anyone owned new headlamp assemblies for more than two years and not had them leak? I read posts from consumers about the Anzo headlamps, and several buyers said they leaked after a year or less time. The other brand sold on this seller's site is the ICPW or something like that, and at least as far as their projector units, the complaint was widespread that they looked great, but the light output was terribly low. Not sure about their non projector units, but the comments from buyers who had previously owned Anzo stated that Anzo uses a bogus seal and that that other brand uses a metal seal that works better.

I also saw a post by someone a few years ago on here that was related to the headlamps sold by LMS. I am now looking at them. The link is:

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=63

Again, I am looking for experience with any products where the buyer has owned them for more than 2 years.

Thanks.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I will be with the VP's of both Anzo and IPCW on Feb 23rd I will ask them about this if you like..

Glenn
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Hi, Glenn:

Thank you, that would be much appreciated.

I did make email contact with Anzo about a year ago and asked them whether their LED tail lamp assemblies were water tight. They refused to respond, which tells me they won't reduce to writing any statement about whether this product is water tight. I read consumer complaints about their tail lamp assemblies leaking water, similar to the complaints about their headlamp assemblies.

Mike

Reading all this makes me very happy I have my stock assemblies. Headlights from Sylvania and tails from GM.

Btw I hear TYC makes good replacements my mom has one on her car and they are very nice and don't seem to leak.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Hi, Conlan Rose:

I am using the OEM headlamp assembly in my truck. And to my surprise, they leaked! I have new OEM tail lamps and they are not to my knowledge leaking. I would like to at least try one of the aftermarket makers this time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Heater View Post
    Hi, Conlan Rose:

I am using the OEM headlamp assembly in my truck. And to my surprise, they leaked! I have new OEM tail lamps and they are not to my knowledge leaking. I would like to at least try one of the aftermarket makers this time.
    Just reread your original post, I misinterpreted and though you said you were using the aftermarket ones.

Legend

I am sending this to my friend at Anzo and IPCW Lets see if we get feed back...If not I will see them soon..

This is what Customer service is ALL about....

- - - Updated - - -

Ok got a email back from IPCW....Here ya go....

Hey Glenn,
    I dont think that Luis is at Anzo anymore I believe he is working for spyder now for several months. I have to say that unfortunately with mass produced items even when you use the highest quality parts and sealers you are going to have some form of failure. The after market lamps are no different then the major car mfg and why they offer warranties as well. There is just sometimes failures from different components that are out of your control. I am sure that no matter what the company is there will be someone somewhere that has had a issue and posted it on different forums. IPCW being the sole MFG of our lamps which is unlike any other lighting MFG in the market today has a better quality control then others and we use different materials that are designed for longevity. Leaking and moisture is something that does happen from time to time but through our current distribution IPCW has the lowest return rate of all the other lighting companies. I would love to say ours are perfect and will not leak but that would be misleading. I can say however that with the IPCW line and having the lowest return rate of all the other companies through current distribution we are doing something better then they are. In response to the issue of the light output this is something we hear as well. In our projector headlamps we sell them with a standard watt h1 or h3 bulb depending on which application. These bulbs are smaller then the factory vehicles bulb but because they are inside of the projector capsule they have a much more concentrated pattern. The issue is that they are the stock watt and color/temperature of light as the factory. This is a very simple fix however and that is you can install a super white bulb or ultra white type of bulb to create a brighter form of concentrated light. I hope this may help for this case and Glenn if you need anything let me know and we will see you in a few weeks.
    Thank you,

Danny Cerny
    National Sales Manager

Default Thank You!

Hi, Glenn:

Thank you for this work!!!

I was looking on Stylin Trucks' web site, as I am a frequent buyer from them. They do sell both Anzo and the ICPW. I think I am going to steer clear of the projector lamps. I will take another look at what ICPW has on Stylin's web site, but if you do hear from Anzo, please let me know as they sell an LED tail lamp assembly I am interested in buying.

Does ICPW make LED tail lamp assemblies? I did not really look for them.

Thanks again for your help.

Mike

Legend

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	172resize.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	49175Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9038.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	49176Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1113.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	49177Yes they do And some sweet ones too.. Here are mine..

Legend
    Blog Entries

I don't have the fancy fiber optic's like Glenn has, but here are the IPCW bermuda black led taill lights, have been running them since 05' and no leaks to date. Here's a video

2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by