GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Do we really have problems here in the US?

Take a swig of this one:

http://www.wral.com/nfl-is-tax-free-...you-/12063209/

My opinion these are businesses not non profits. imagine what the tax revenue off this mess would do. But the Gov would find a way to spend it into no mans land before it came in anyway.

Hi:

I don't know enough about the legal structure of any of those organizations to comment whether they are or are not non profit, but the IRS certainly checked it out. So it comes down to what the IRS allows for non profits. In order to change that, we'd need Congress to change the rule. With their constant bickering over political positioning, what is the likelihood of that happening? Zilch.

I think there are some organizations that should be taxed that are not. One is the so called "church" of Scientology. That is no more a church than the pretzel and hot dog vendor outside the sports stadiums. Its founder, L. Ron Hubbard, was known as a science fiction writer. Wow, it doesn't take a big leap for him to drum up a new fangled operation to rake in millions while brainwashing the joiners into thinking they belong to a new "religion". And they use two cans with wires attached, to test you to see if your brain waves are doing what they want.

And maybe some or all of those sports organizations should pay some tax too. Certainly wouldn't hurt to charge them at least a little taxes.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Thats OK The Players that make MILLIONS a year try not to pay the taxes too... They just go around shooting them selfs, Making Babys, and doing Drugs.. Gotta Love the life....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

There is a problems in the US and not just that. I normally don't get into this stuff because of different strong opinions. Don't normally go well, lol

*I be leave in a flat tax

*I be leave I should be able to own a semi-automatic gun legally if I want. I don't care if there is a background check. Criminals don't listen to laws. If they do maybe we should make drugs illegal.

*I love the US but scared of what the government is doing. Even older Russian-Americans said this is how it started there.

*I think if you get government assistance you should get a random drug test- we will save more because there will be less people on it.

*I be leave if you are on government assistance and have three kids, you should not be able to have more until you can take care of them by yourself.

I can go on and on but don't want to start to much here because with my beliefs, I'm sure I will **** someone off. Which is not what I am trying to do. Just my thoughts. Sorry if i went off topic.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Curky, you are right there are other sides to this too.... Not being affiliated to any of the these organizations.....

There are retired NFL player that are suing the NFL because of brain injuries and stuff now. The way I see it is.

You are being paid multiple, some times tens of millions of dollars to play foot ball professionally. If you manage the money the way you "should" be. You are getting paid an annual salary of $30k-$60k per year and what ever else you make is "hazzard pay" for your trouble.

It is not there to buy 30 million dollar homes, $250,000 sports cars, women or what ever else floats your boat.

You (Football Player) need to come back down to earth and learn what real life is like. That is no one elses fault but yours.

It is called "assumption of risk", a tort principle, and I am sure this will be argued by the NFL in the concussive syndrome class action lawsuit.

The players are saying that they didn't know the risk and the NFL had information about it that they did not disclose. It is similar to the argument made against the tobacco industry, which in that case it was successful since there was an overabundance of evidence that they buried the information and could have disclosed it decades ago. I don't know enough about the concussive syndrome information to comment on whether they knew or did not know 20 or so years ago.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Curky View Post
    There is a problems in the US and not just that. I normally don't get into this stuff because of different strong opinions. Don't normally go well, lol

*I be leave in a flat tax

*I be leave I should be able to own a semi-automatic gun legally if I want. I don't care if there is a background check. Criminals don't listen to laws. If they do maybe we should make drugs illegal.

*I love the US but scared of what the government is doing. Even older Russian-Americans said this is how it started there.

*I think if you get government assistance you should get a random drug test- we will save more because there will be less people on it.

*I be leave if you are on government assistance and have three kids, you should not be able to have more until you can take care of them by yourself.

I can go on and on but don't want to start to much here because with my beliefs, I'm sure I will **** someone off. Which is not what I am trying to do. Just my thoughts. Sorry if i went off topic.

100 percent agree with every point here @Curky. I have to get drug tested for my job for working for a public utility so the taxes I pay that benefits someone able to sit on their rear (and may or may not deserve) should also be tested. But then they will claim with a positive test result that they have a disease and need more assistance to basically kick the habit. Im sure a lot of them have the system down pat and make a living doing it. I believe it should be temporary only. Maybe 6 months with 1 extension available for unusual circumstances. No children allowed until you can prove you can care for them!! There are so many better things that make sense government could do with their time and money.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Hey Curky! Good for you! I agree, and as a retired federal employee, I'm glad I'm out of it! I saw so much crap when I was working it would curl your hair.

Quote Originally Posted by The Heater View Post
    It is called "assumption of risk", a tort principle, and I am sure this will be argued by the NFL in the concussive syndrome class action lawsuit.

The players are saying that they didn't know the risk and the NFL had information about it that they did not disclose. It is similar to the argument made against the tobacco industry, which in that case it was successful since there was an overabundance of evidence that they buried the information and could have disclosed it decades ago. I don't know enough about the concussive syndrome information to comment on whether they knew or did not know 20 or so years ago.

As a professional football player they should have a perfect competent understanding of the term " Contact Sport" and what happens in "Contact Sports"

From what I've read, the NFL takes ALL the money it makes (after expenses which includes salaries of employees) and divides the money by 32 (number of teams in the NFL). After the money has been sent to each team, the IRS taxes the NFL franchise.

Trust me, the gubment will get their money.

Collegiate conferences work on the same principle.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors