GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Light Bar Idea

Hybrid View

Default Light Bar Idea

So I've been looking at light bars and wings and trying to decide what I might want... Then after seeing prices I figured out I can build one for less than $30. All I need is licence plate light mount and a metal angle. With some bolts and paint it should be awesome, maybe not pretty, but exactly what I want. Also It will be easy to remove if I don't want it on.

Also it will allow extreme flexibility on what I wanna mount. should be a fun project.
    Last edited by Conlan Rose; 02-09-2013 at 09:48 PM.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Your goal should be for it to be exactly what you want AND pretty. It generally takes extra fabrication time to get both when building something, yourself ... but it's well worth the time because you end up with a result that blends with your ride rather than clashing with it. (For some implementations clean work is work that draws NO attention to itself -- meaning only you realize what's been done or that you fabricated it, yourself.)

I'm willing to bet that if you take your time you can absolutely build something, yourself, that people think is either stock or something you purchased. Don't underestimate your skills...