GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Question on Seats??

I have a 1995 1500 short bed that has a bench seat. I would like to swap it out for some kind of seat that I can recline the back. My knowledge is pretty limited, so I need some help to know what will fit, and how difficult it will be to swap out seats.

Thanks
    Rich

Assuming you have a crew, or extended cab, you should be able to use GM buckets and console from the same style truck.

The bucket seats use the same mounting holes as the bench.

A buddy of mine swapped out the front and rear seats in an extended truck, he said it only took a couple of hours.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

As Ray pointed out the cab configuration is going to be the limiting factor on this swap, the seats fit right in but if its a std cab truck theres no room to really recline them.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    As Ray pointed out the cab configuration is going to be the limiting factor on this swap, the seats fit right in but if its a std cab truck theres no room to really recline them.
    Thanks for the replies...The truck is a standard cab, so even though there may not be room to recline the seat, I can still get it in there, right?

Yes they fit, in certain trim configurations theyre an optional seat from the factory for your truck.