GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default HID Conversion (w/pics)

Installed my new HID lights over the weekend. I went with the ddmtuning HID kits. Purchased the 5000K kits, 35watt fog lights, 55watt low beams. Total was $99 shipped to my door.

They are EXTREMELY bright! I am very impressed, and I'm very happy with the crystal clear color. Only downfall is that they are almost too bright. I'm afraid of blinding oncoming traffic. I had to adjust my headlights to point them more downward to a point where I think they are OK. As for the fog lights, they are shining light everywhere and it's so bad that I could probably use them as my headlights. Going to try and adjust the fog lights this week, as for now I'll leave them off...

Anyone else have this problem?

Here are some comparison pictures.

Before vs after
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HID Before After.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	49235

Comparison

Name:	20130210_135924.jpeg 
Views:	106 
Size:	2.8 KB 
ID:	49236

Final product

Name:	20130210_151433.jpeg 
Views:	107 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	49237

Final product

Name:	20130210_155508.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	49238
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 LTZ 4x4
    Sun Roof, Navigation, Rhino Bed, Rhino Under, PlastiDip Rear Bumper, PlastiDip Bow Ties, PlastiDip Running Boards, LED Taillights, LED Parking Lamps, LED Interior Dome, LED Turn Arrows, Back-up Camera, Tri-Fold Tonneau, HID 5000K Fogs, Lows

Wow that's a huge difference ...looks great

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

So you did your Fogs AND the driving lights? (Headlights) Is your fog light lens plastic or Glass?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    So you did your Fogs AND the driving lights? (Headlights) Is your fog light lens plastic or Glass?
    Yes, both fog lights and lowbeams (driving lights). Both lenses are plastic. In fact, I'm not sure of ANY vehicle on the market that has glass lenses... do you?

Quote Originally Posted by ffdsmokeeater View Post
    Yes, both fog lights and lowbeams (driving lights). Both lenses are plastic. In fact, I'm not sure of ANY vehicle on the market that has glass lenses... do you?
    Ram trucks up to 2008 (2009 for the 2500 and 3500). They were the worst for having rocks break the fog lights. There might still be some vehicles with glass fog lights but I don't think there are many of them

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

My Explorer had glass fog lights. I wonder if there is a way to modify the Ford Fusion fog lamps into the NNBS fog lamp housing. From what I understand, the Fusions fog lamps are projector style lamps. I got my HID kit from DDM. 5000k 55w kit. I need to adjust them downward because I leveled my truck. Had them on for over a year with no problems.