GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default Upcoming upgrades!!

So decided that all my upgrades will be ordered and shipped on Saturday!!! Pretty excited about it!

Ordering my 6" NTD lift kit from Rough Country, 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers, dual (cat-back) exhaust, intake, tonneau, new pitman and idler arm, changing out CV Axles, and a bunch of other mods!

I bought my 1999 1500 as a birthday present to myself over two years ago and kept saying, "Yeah, I'm gonna do this and that" well now no more talking. Time to lift her and make her look good.

I got current photos in my profile, but after I get everything delivered and as I do mods I'll post new pictures to this thread.

Gotta start somewhere! And be warned ... modding can be addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Gotta start somewhere! And be warned ... modding can be addictive.
    Tell me about it lol

Brad, I have the same kit on my rig, idk if you forgot to include it in the post of things you ordered or if you just weren't aware they offer them but Rough Country makes an optional Kicker Brace Kit for their NTD lift kit that is very easy to install and offers more rigidity and longer life to the kit by Cantilever bracing it off of the transmission frame crossmember.

If i remember right they were only 89.95 for the pair and they look pretty Beastish under the truck.
    The NTD kit keeps your torsion bars up inside the frame rails still so they are protected and offer maximum cround clearance between the front and rear wheels. But even with having the kicker braces installed they dont hang down lower than the kit at all so they dont rob clearance.

Sr. Apprentice

Got my exhaust and intake in on Thursday...couldn't help but install them. Truck sounds great now!! Got my CV axles in Saturday, waiting to install them until I install my lift, since I'll have to take off the hubs and everything then anyways. I'll post pics when all is done!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Wissinger View Post
    Got my exhaust and intake in on Thursday...couldn't help but install them. Truck sounds great now!! Got my CV axles in Saturday, waiting to install them until I install my lift, since I'll have to take off the hubs and everything then anyways. I'll post pics when all is done!!
    mmm mods are fun arnt they brad. btw, im in VB as well, if you ever want to meet up and wrench together let me know.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Sr. Apprentice

Oh you know it!! I took it out for the first time tonight and cruised around for a bit. The exhaust sounds GREAT!! Not bad, considering I bought it on eBay for $190! Haven't noticed any real change with the intake yet, but I'm sure ill notice it on m drive to work Tuesday. And Alex, if you happen to see me drivin around anywhere, honk or wave or something. Daily I'm going from 264 down 64 to 564 (Navy) I got another decal for the back window, so all in all I got two submarine dolphins ones and one that says "Fish On" got a few more coming in soon, as well as RealTree APS Z71 logos to replace the ones on the bed. I'm only here for a few more months though, but yea, it'd be cool to get together and wrench on some stuff sometime.

- - - Updated - - -

I love e step rails you got! Truck looks GREAT!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally I looked into getting the kicker braces and the tie rod upgrades, but (unlike our government) I had to reduce m spending based on my budget. It's alright though, if I pay more stuff off now, I can just add on other stuff in the long run!

Brad you doing the lift install? or a shop?

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Sr. Apprentice

GOT THE LIFT AND TIRES DONE!!! Posting pictures to my profile now!

Tha didn't answer Alox's question...

Sr. Apprentice

Sorry about that. I did the lift myself. It was actually pretty easy too.