GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default junk wheel bearings

well I finally figured out what was making the growling noise...it was my passenger side wheel bearing that I replaced last june. 8 months, maybe 15,000 miles on a wheel bearing. what kind of junk are they selling? jacked up the drivers side and gave that a shhake, and yep, that ones gotta go to. at least that ones been a little longer the other one.

so, $120 bucks a piece for bearings isn't enough, anybody have any idea which ones are bbetter and where I can buy the good ones at a discount?
    89 chevy stepside off road
    03 suburban Z71
    03 Yukon SLT

I use Timken or National bearings, have had good performance from them over the years. Also try www.rockauto.com instead of your local parts store, you can save 50% including shipping. Also I use a hi temp synthetic grease instead of just anything off the shelf. Hope this helps.

You need to use quality hubs. Sure you can find some discount hubs for $60, but you will be changing it again soon. I have always had luck with timken also. Moog makes great chassis parts. I would trust their hubs also. You can check out some of the big box autoparts stores online. There is one that always has between 15-25% off of online orders. You order it online and pick it up at the store an hour later. That company carries Moog.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)